The Project Process Computing Analyst's primary responsibility is to ensure the proper architecture design and build of Process Control infrastructure for Projects within the refinery. This includes:
- Automation Lead of projects that impact the Process Control Firewall and all Process Control networks connected to it (DMZ, PIN, PCN, OTS, SIS) as well as standalone networks and systems that are connected to or that can impact process control systems. This includes insuring that network security is conformant to industry standards and corporate guidelines.
- Design and support for projects that impact various servers and workstations connected to the Process Control Networks. This includes projects that impact hardware and software.
- With the Major Projects Process Control Engineer and the Projects Control System Specialist Lead the interface between Projects and Automation for successful, on-time, on-budget project delivery.
- Participate in Appraise, Select and Define stages of major projects for FEL of the Process Control Network impacts of the project.
- Serve as technical support resource to project personnel for new upgrades and systems. Participate in project reviews, HAZOP's, PSSR's, and CVP process as required.
- Ensure all new projects and installations conform to digital security requirements.
- Provide deliverables lists to project teams and ensure deliverables are properly captured and documented per site standards.
- Supervise and lead contractors accountable for implementing hardware and software changes associated with projects.
- Serve as point of contact for technology initiatives driven by RTE or other central groups, and provide guidance on site implementation impacts (i.e. PI data lake).
- Work with plant personnel to evaluate new technologies that will provide value to the site.
- Work with other Process Computing Analysts to monitor/maintain/upgrade process control hardware and software as required. Also develop new or modify applications as required.
- Particpate in on-call rotation for response to all maintained computer and control systems.
- Builds relationships at various levels and across multiple teams including Automation and Projects.
Required: BS Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science (preferred) or Engineering
Required: Minimum 5 years experience supporting process-related computer systems 24x7 in the refining /petrochemical industry or other manufacturing environment. Support of these systems includes knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SNMP, etc. and associated network hardware, programming experience using Visual Studio.Net (VB, C or C++) and VBA, as well as knowledge of server and workstation hardware and operating systems.
- Systems administration experience with all supported MS Windows operating systems (Windows 7 & Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Experience with server and workstation hardware
- Experience with OSIsoft PI database and interfaces
- Experience with industry-standard digital security practices
- Programming experience using Visual C/C++, Visual Basic, and VBA
- Experience with networking protocols including, TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SNMP, etc
- Experience with firewall usage and rules
- Experience with network hardware devices such as switches, routers, firewalls and CAT 5/6 and fiber cabling
- Experience with all Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Visio
- Experience with Process Control Systems such as Honeywell TDC/TPS/Experion, Emerson Delta-V, Allen-Bradley PLC's, etc
- Ability to work independently and within small teams
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels of an organization