The role includes line management of about 8 team members and leadership of the PTA Manufacturing Excellence Network. Additionally, the PTA POM is responsible for agreeing to and subsequently delivering all of the technology contracts with the manufacturing assets. The PTA POM is also responsible for ensuring PTA technical knowledge and best practices are shared, transferred and implemented across the global PTA system as appropriate.
Provide HSSE leadership in all activities:
- Develop expertise in process safety working with the Petrochemicals Process Safety Network and provide this capability to the manufacturing assets.
- Be a role model for personal safety leadership. Coach and mentor the team members in their personal safety behaviors and manage the safety performance of the team.
Responsible for providing PTA process expertise to all parts of the PTA business particularly in the areas of:
- Analysis of process data to reduce the costs of production.
- Identification and evaluation of technology options to reduce the cost of production or to increase plant capacity/reliability.
- Work with appropriate Project Teams and the PTA Projects and Engineering team to support the design of new assets/projects as required. Manage resources to meet the needs of the capital projects.
- Protect BP know-how and confidential information
Develop and maintain networks of responsible individuals from the manufacturing assets across PTA to enable the sharing of best practice and lessons learned not only from within PTA but also from benchmarking and learning from the broader BP Group and external sources.
- Be the primary interface with the manufacturing assets for the agreement and delivery of the objectives within the Technology Contracts.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Plant Managers, Operations Managers and Technical staff at each of the manufacturing locations.
- Prioritize the portfolio/resource allocation across Petrochemicals Technology.
- Develop and communicate PTA plant performance metrics showing key performance trends and targets for all PTA manufacturing sites.
4 year degree in Engineering or Chemistry
- Minimum 10 years in petrochemicals or refinery industry; PTA industry preferred.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expertise and proven experience in leading multi-discipline teams.
- Safety leadership - a role model for personal and behavioral safety.
- Track record of technical excellence and delivery in technology and manufacturing environments.
- Proven capability to work and network across a range of technical functions, multi-cultural and geographically extended settings, including an understanding of manufacturing issues.