Publishing Administrator & Coordinator
This is a coordination and support role at the heart of a product team developing print and digital products and learning services for the Higher Education market.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, you will have day-to-day responsibility for a range of administrative, processing and reporting tasks that support our product teams and product development activities.
This would be an ideal first role in education publishing, and would suit candidates with administrative experience looking to work in a more creative environment, or recent graduates with some prior experience in an office based role who want to pursue a career in publishing.
As Publishing Coordinator you will provide coordination and administrative support at the heart of a new product team developing print and digital products for the Higher Education market, from textbooks to digital courseware.
Reporting to the VP Editorial Director, and working closely with the management team in the editorial and digital strategy groups you will be responsible for:
This is an ideal role for someone looking to put their organisational, problem-solving and people skills to work at the heart of an educational publishing business. You will be curious and persistent in gathering information, tracking progress and solving problems, and will combine strong organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail with an ability to use your initiative adapt to new challenges.
- Coordinating the payment of our writers and suppliers.
- Creating and circulating new project records for key decision makers.
- Updating, retrieving and circulating data from in house information systems.
- Paying writers and suppliers : It will be your responsibility that all writer payments are processed efficiently using our internal systems and processes once instructed to do so. You’ll need to be able to communicate progress to those being paid and resolve any problems or queries quickly and professionally.
- Circulating project records: You will create the weekly agenda for the upcoming project council meetings and circulate this to decision makers, to ensure that all decision makers have the project records that they need to assess, approve and track new product projects
- Product information reporting: You will run regular and on request reports on published products and those in development, allowing the management team insight into budgets, schedules and sales and make key decisions as a result.
- User reporting: In addition to the product information described above, for our digital products you will run regular reports on user information and also be responsible for ensuring that any customer content issues are fed back to the content team and tracked prior to resolution
- HE market intelligence : You will work with others to extract and order market information such as university enrolments and ensure that it is up-to-date and readily available for use by all relevant teams.
- Managing content requests: You will work with the sales team to ensure that they have content available when customers need it at short notice, with our US team to ensure our content is available in the US where appropriate, and also with the portfolio team to ensure that authors have the latest version of content available for updating.
- Data and resource centre management: You will manage the HE UK resource and data centres and ensure that the information within those centres is kept up-to-date and relevant.
You will be organised, proactive, and capable of coordinating multiple tasks, disseminate critical information, solve problems creatively and communicate persuasively with authors and colleagues.
You will have the ability to:
- Prioritise multiple activities, managing your work and time to ensure that you meet deadlines and can be relied upon by a wide range of colleagues
- Understand how the information you are providing for the business will be used and adapt in order to ensure you are best meeting business goal.
- Remain professional and represent Pearson well in challenging or uncertain customer conversations
- Be a confident, clear and persuasive communicator, working successfully with authors, freelancers and internal colleagues in person and in writing
- Work with large amounts of information and be comfortable changing the presentation to suit the end user
- Be organised and efficient with a high level of attention to detail
- Work flexibly in a team and inspire those around you.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Qualifications at FE or HE level
- Experience of administrative work in a large organisation
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and Google applications essential, with Excel desirable
- Experience of databases and payment systems (preferred)
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2018
Job Unposting: Nov 22, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1813630
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.