BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team! We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Quality Control Manager leads the Quality Control Team and Laboratory operations. This team leader role represents the Quality function on the Plant Leadership Team at the Baton Rouge Plant and in regional quality and product technology networks. This position ensures conformance to the Global Quality Manual and the Global lab Safety Standard, and Quality Policies by providing assurance of the robust application of procedures, work instructions, quality management processes, and KPI's within the plant. In addition, the role supports the delivery of and continuously improving upon superior Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) and Operational metrics for the plant.
- Oversees and manages a staff of Quality Technicians and Quality Facilitators (supervisors)
- Communicates and engages staff in safety awareness (relative to Global Lab Safety Standard), quality conformance (Global Quality Manual), and drives Best-In-Class Laboratory practices, policies, procedures, and test methods. Manages performance of the team to deliver/ ensure superior quality control.
- Develop implement and provide assurance of quality control and quality assurance processes for the Baton Rouge facility to be conducted by "the line" (operations) as well as the laboratory.
- Provide support, guidance and technical expertise to floor teams.
- Leads (ISO Management Representative) and supports the TS16949 quality system and certification
- Manages quality certification of products, coordinates notification of off-spec products, and manages non-conforming disposition by leading the MRB (Material Review Board).
- Leads Right First Time (RFT) and manages quality improvement projects to facilitate plant goals. Communicates quality issues throughout the QC laboratory and the plant.
- Drives effective SPC (statistical process control) program and RCA (root cause analysis) process
- Develops and implements a continuous improvement process
- Manages QC budget to plan
- Supports the Regional Technology and Plant Operations teams to ensure product quality and integrity
- Responsible for monitoring the 180 bottle test as it relates to accuracy and check for trends. This includes optimization of over-fill wt through statistical techniques
- Monitors packaging specifications and raw materials, and A.V.L database.
- Work with carton, cap and bottle vendors to resolve quality issues.
- Conduct periodic audits for HSSE and Quality in regards to Third Party Packagers.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical), or Applied Science.
- 8 years of practical, relevant work experience in a lab environment.
- Demonstrated superior leadership skills in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to own Quality Assurance in a plant setting and have a visible presence in the field, supporting the strategic direction of the facility in a 'One Team' nature.
- Ability to drive a Continuous Quality Improvement environment and Best-In-Class laboratory practices.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, communication, team working, and influencing skills.
- Experience managing quality/ISO systems including experience with TS16949.