The Quality Manager will lead quality management for the Trinidad Projects with overarching accountability for the Trinidad regional GPO projects activity. Driving compliance with BP's quality management process. The Quality Manager will manage quality in design, engineering, supplier quality, equipment manufactures, fabrication, installation, HUC and hand over to Operations. The QM will be responsible for establishing the Project's quality plan. Reports to the Project's PGM with a matrix, dotted functional reporting line to the GPO Director of Quality.
- Leads the Project's quality team and develops a Quality Organization
- Authors the Quality Plan for the Project in alignment with the overall Project Execution Plan. Partners with and solicits input from Engineering, Resource, Operations, Procurement, Project Services, Construction and Commissioning
- Has authority over the execution of the Project Specific Quality Plan and related decisions regarding the validation and fulfilment of quality and engineering requirements. May include the management of Independent Verification Bodies (IVB)
- Functionally manages the Project's quality professionals and overall quality staffing plan. (line reporting may vary to fit Project staffing structure)
- Implement processes and/or Work Instructions that provide detail explanation for delivering checks, validations, witness, and verifications as required by the assurance activity
- Apply and agree specifications, test/acceptance criteria and surveillance standards, for all project systems and components from the BP Engineering Manager, Discipline Engineers and Technical Authorities
- Develop a review & verification process of the EPMS/EPC Contractor generated Inspection & Test, surveillance and audit Plans based on BP approved criticality ratings and project specific requirements identified by the BP Project Team
- Insure appropriate risk-based audit procedures are in place across the entire supply chain regarding quality plans, quality control processes, surveillance, factory acceptance test and vendor spot checks
- Create quality KPIs and Project metrics to capture and relay critical information to project personnel regarding QA activities
- Develop and implement a corrective action process that identifies, documents, and resolves all issues pertaining to fulfilling quality requirements
- Implement and manage the quality records and documentation process across the entire project
- Interface with SCM to insure QA requirements are clear and unambiguous in contracts with vendors
- Manage relevant issues regarding quality across the entire supply chain
- Network with the GPO Quality Community of Practice to insure standardization of QA processes, procedures, and standards are consistent
- Interface with the Project's EM to insure standards, specifications, and test/acceptance criteria are consistent with existing engineering and S&OR requirements
- Develops team budgets, reports on budget status, and interfaces with other project team members as needed regarding forecasts, estimates, and expenses
Identifies team training requirements and works to fill those requirements with BP-provided and external resources
A minimum of a bachelor's degree or the equivalent UK Degree.
- Experience in oil and gas projects and an understanding of the major project stage-gate governance processes.
- Experience with developing a project quality program for a multi-disciplined project.
- Experience supervising teams performing QA/QC activities and third-party inspections.
- Detailed understanding of developing Inspection and Test Plans for service and products based on criticality and supply chain risks.
- Ability to lead Quality Audits on contractors, suppliers and engineering companies.
Self-motivation and high initiative will be required. Effective influencing, verbal and written skills are essential.