We stand out for our consistently excellent advice: we provide technical excellence, experience and crucially, we demonstrate real insight into our clients and what matters to them. Our knowledge of our chosen sectors and markets, and our investment in our client relationships set us apart. We are a natural choice for FTSE100 and other high profile clients.
Our HR Team is spread across our London, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh offices and support the business internationally. The HR Team is made up of various smaller teams including Learning and Development, Reward, Resourcing, HR Operations, HR Business Partnering and the CSR and Diversity Team.
This role is within the Graduate Resourcing Team. You can expect to work cohesively with the wider HR Team, key stakeholders and partners within the business in providing support with graduate processes - both recruitment and development related. You can expect a varied, fast paced and diverse role within a collegiate, dynamic and friendly team.
AG have a modern approach to work and offer excellent opportunities for learning, training and career development. This role will be a hybrid role between office and home working.
Purpose of the Role
The Graduate Assistant provides full delivery of administrative services for the Graduate Resourcing team. The role is extremely varied and encompasses administrative tasks related to graduate processes such as training and development, marketing and recruitment.
The following list of duties is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of the duties the Graduate Assistant undertakes:
- Working closely with the Senior Graduate Advisor and Graduate Advisor to assist in the delivery of the graduate recruitment campaign
- Assist Senior Graduate Advisor and Graduate Advisor in campus activity including building relationships with our target universities and organising events
- Working with our advertising agency to manage media bookings and advertising initiatives
- Assisting in the organising and running of placement schemes. Coordinating any resulting offers.
- Assisting in organising and running Graduate Open Days in all offices
- Coordinating the graduate recruitment process for all offices. Coordinating the screening process, organising and running assessment centres and ensuring administration is accurate and efficient
- Organising and attending university career fairs and other graduate recruitment events
- Dealing with graduate enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Assisting with maintenance of recruitment inbox
- Supporting the Senior Graduate Advisor and Graduate Advisor with the trainee seat move process
- Coordinating development meetings with trainees and monitoring performance review paperwork
- Involvement with the planning of trainee induction
- Maintaining contact with trainees currently at law school and assisting with the design and organisation of future trainee events
- Providing support to the Graduate Advisor during the trainee solicitor qualification process
- Responsibility for and organising of trainee training courses
- Assisting with the organisation of trainee secondments and preparing the necessary paperwork
- Assisting with the organisation of the trainee on-boarding trip
- Responsibility for maintaining updated records for our trainees on the HR system
- Liaising with the procurement team to raise purchase order numbers and ensuring accuracy in maintaining the team budget tracker
ANY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- At least 12 months' experience of working in an administrative or secretarial role in a busy office environment, preferably in a professional services or a similar organisation
- Good attention to detail and a proven track record of consistently high accuracy levels and overall high standards of work
- An ability to manage conflicting requests or concurrent multiple projects, including rearranging interviews and co-ordinating fast paced schedules
- Able to interact professionally and credibly with candidates, internal clients and suppliers
- Highly computer literate with Microsoft Office and database management skills, ideally including experience of using an Applicant Tracking System
As a firm, we aim to provide a positive experience to everyone who works here and our focus on financial, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits ensures that this experience goes beyond the nine-to-five. As part of this mission, some of the benefits employees of AG can expect are;
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Competitive employer matched pension contribution rate
- Health and wellbeing subsidiary, up to £180 per year
- One day per year to volunteer (as part of our CSR initiative)
- Buy/Sell holidays (up to 5 days each year)
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives such as The Mindful Business Charter, Mental Health Champions and 1:1 sessions with an in-house professional
- Talent referral bonus incentives
- AG Excellence awards for the recognition of exceptional effort
- Opt in private medical and private dental insurance
- Opt in annual health screening
- Voluntary critical illness cover
- Annual discretionary bonus plan