Recruitment Manager - Enrollment
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This is a leadership support position that works with the Associate Director, Recruitment Services to provide onsite leadership for the student recruitment function of the business. This involves advising and coaching individuals and teams on the opportunities to improve performance. Responsibilities generally include having individual and team meeting sessions with the enrollment advisors to discuss their database, student pipeline, cultivation strategies and phone discussions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of Recruitment Services, organizes team efforts to exceed new student goals while maintaining service standards.
- Analyze reports related to the day-to-day operations and overall productivity of the team to improve accuracy in forecasts and to drive performance.
- Serve as subject matter expert relating to the recruitment function including the tools and technology used for our daily jobs.
- Audit database records to find opportunities to improve on adherence to lead management guidelines, quality and timeliness of email communications.
- Monitors performance and identifies areas for team growth and individual development.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of Recruitment Services, provide coaching and support to Enrollment Advisors in the area of lead management, quality communication with students, forecasting and performance.
- Using general, phone and interview observations, actively coaches direct reports to improve skill sets and customer service levels.
- Thoroughly documents coaching and training.
- Facilitate one-on-one meetings with each team member to discuss topics relevant to their performance, individual coaching and developmental needs, prioritization of workload, and personnel issues.
- Review enrollment files for accuracy and compliance.
- Conduct weekly applicant pipeline review meetings to ensure future students have met enrollments requirements and are prepared to start school.
- Assist program teams in forecasting their current term enrollments.
- Make staffing recommendations that optimize productivity to Associate Director and Director of Recruitment Services and Managing Director.
- Actively participates in interviewing, onboarding, training, and management of Enrollment Advisors.
- Minimize annual attrition.
- Support Work Force Management to identify and address coverage needs
- Supports the Associate Director in the budgeting process for each fiscal year. This includes forecasting staffing needs, turnover, operating and other expenses for the recruitment team within your area of responsibility.
- Resolves most simple to moderately-complex enrollment questions and problems.
- Ensures that the Enrollment team follows proper documentation protocols and departmental outreach strategies
- Serves as an escalation point for the CFT in the absence of the Associate Director, Recruitment Services.
- Ensures alignment between Pearson enrollment team and Partner expectations are met
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience
- Minimum 3 years Higher Education experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years consultative sales management and leadership experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and organizational capabilities with time management, conflict and problem resolutions skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruitment training and development.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter.
- Highly motivational, energetic and collaborative personality.
- Able to drive performance through the creation of a productive and fun work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work evenings until 9:00 PM (if needed) and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
- Manages Enrollment Advisors
- Coordinates the work of others: is accountable for the outputs of the team and is focused on overall team/unit goals and results.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced employees or employees who are underperforming to develop and increase knowledge, proficiency and performance levels.
- Administers development plans and disciplinary action where appropriate
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IL-Elk Grove Village
Work Locations: US-IL-Elk Grove Village-150 Northwest 150 Northwest Point Blvd 3rd floor Elk Grove Village 60007
Job: Customer Service
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1803093