BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Refinery Crude or Product Planner leads the process of optimizing the Cherry Point refinery crude or product schedules based on market conditions, unit availability, feedstock supply and containment storage. They maintain a lead role in ensuring crude or product quality is on target, and co-ordinate movements by pipeline, rail, truck, and ship/barge.
This position is part of the Refinery Optimization Department located at the Cherry Point Refinery, and reports to the Refinery Optimization Manager. The role provides an excellent opportunity to develop scheduling capability and commercial awareness.
The Refining Optimization Department works closely with refinery operating units, technical engineers, and Supply to develop and execute the short and long term refinery operating plan.
The successful candidate may be responsible for either Crude or Product planning depending on business capability and development needs.
- Responsible for the planning and optimization of all refinery crude or product production:
- Publishes the Cherry Point TMPL or Olympic Pipeline schedule.
- Publishes crude delivery or product rundown plan twice a week.
- Optimizes crude slate or product recipes.
- Optimizes the crude or intermediate and product tankage plan around constraints.
- Monitors Cherry Point crude blend or product pool balances and works with appropriate groups to make property adjustments.
- Tracks daily crude or product movements from each tank.
- Tracks and verifies that product tanks are finaled by the quality assurance lab for product release.
- Works with technical department to set crude or product blending related unit specs - Communicates to refinery any crude or product related plan variations -Manages all crude or product blending issues (viscosity, pour point, cloud, sulfur, distillation, RSH, etc.).
- Participates in crude or product / component approvals process and other initiatives.
- When necessary, coordinates the scheduling and logistics aspects of certain intermediates and feed-stocks.
- Shares responsibility for new business development around feedstock and product issues.
- Works closely with Cherry Point Lead Refinery Planner and Supply to optimize Cherry Point and West Coast refining and supply business.
- Works closely with refinery operations and Supply to properly manage and mitigate both operational and commercial risk.
- Leads efforts around crude quality or product quality giveaway reporting and reduction.
- Train backfills, maintain Orion/MBO documentation and work with Orion/MBO developer to continuously improve Orion/MBO scheduling tool.
A Bachelor's Degree is required. Preferably in a technical discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in a refinery setting.
- Must be able to operate effectively within a multi-discipline team environment.
- Strong communication and interactive skills, flexibility of approach, and personal commitment to the safe operation and commercial performance of the Cherry Point refinery is essential.
- Must have strong skills in the areas of organization, networking, influencing, and leadership.
- Attention to detail and data integrity is critical for this role.
- Must have the ability to make decisions based on incomplete information.
- Must be available to field calls and work issues 24/7 if/as circumstances warrant.