We are looking for a Regional Officer to join our project team. The post holder will play an important role in supporting the Programme Manager in the implementation of those recommendations.
We work in both English and Welsh and fluency in Welsh (both written and spoken) is essential for this post.
1 Governance – Supports the Regional Lead as required and attends meetings with partners and stakeholders involved in delivering the Arts and Creative Learning Plan.
- Works with the Regional Lead to attend meetings and conversations related to the Arts and Creative Learning Plan in Wales.
- Supports the delivery of our Equalities strategy.
- provides support to the Regional Lead to assist with:
- The delivery of the Lead Creative Schools Scheme at a regional level
- Supporting the Regional Lead with monitoring, evaluation and reporting within a project environment
4. Project delivery
- organises and communicates the delivery of tasks and projects (either individually or as a member of a team) that are associated with the Lead Creative Schools Scheme alongside the Regional Lead.
- Assist the Regional Lead in organising activities in the designated area and assist in the implementation of work programmes, projects and initiatives in line with organisational objectives.
- Provide support and assistance to the Regional Lead to undertake quality assurance and monitoring of the Lead Creative Schools Scheme in a given region.
- Support the evaluation of the Lead Creative Schools Scheme in a given area, including supporting and assisting the Regional Lead with the assessment of applications, matching Creative Agents to schools, collating programme documents from schools.
- To assist in organising regional activity including events, workshops, projects and commissions, seeking advice where appropriate.
- To provide practical and administrative support for the coordination of a local research programme that will feed into the national Lead Creative Schools evaluation.
- Collation of database information including stakeholder information, collation of monitoring and evaluation materials and provide support with project administration
5 Advice and information
- supporting the project objectives by liaising with internal and external partners by:
- Responding to requests for help regarding the Lead Creative Schools Scheme
- Providing information and guidance to schools, artists and arts organisations on all aspects of the Lead Creative Schools Scheme
- Preparing and disseminating information
- Liaising with internal communications and the Hwb portal lead to ensure project information is relayed to stakeholders and partners.
- supports the Regional Lead in developing positive and collaborative relationships with artists, arts organisations, education and relevant partners
7. Progress and standards
- assists the Regional Lead in delivery of the Lead Creative Schools Scheme to ensure that progress is tracked, delivery is appropriate and timely and to the required standard.
8. Advocacy –
- Support promotion of the Arts and Creative Learning Plan as a whole and the activities that it is designed to encourage
9. Partnerships and Relationship Management
- Assists the Regional Lead with the development of internal and external stakeholder networks.
- Effectively support and work collaboratively with teams across Wales to reach a shared goal.
- Assists in developing relationships with schools in the relevant regional area.
- Assists in developing close working relationships with the Regional Education Consortia and their teams.
- Works closely with the regional arts and education network to share and communicate examples of best practice.
Knowledge, experience and attributes
We want to attract to our organisation people who have an interest in arts, education and creative learning a commitment to the principles of open and accountable public service, and the flair to work with a diverse range of customers. We believe in setting the highest standards in all aspects of our work. Every member of staff is therefore an ambassador for the company and we expect everyone to respect and uphold our reputation.
Our benefits include flexible working hours/pattern, generous holidays and a final salary pension. For further details and an application form, please visit www.arts.wales/jobs
If you have any queries regarding the role, please email email@example.com
Closing date: 12:00 midday on 25th September 2017
It’s anticipated that interviews will be conducted on 9th October 2017
Application forms should be sent to HumanResourcesDepartment@arts.wales