BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
This person will lead the strategic growth within the West Coast Region (NorCal & PNW) through the development of NTI (New to Industry) locations. As Regional Real Estate Development Lead, you will be responsible for managing a team of Real Estate Managers, external brokers, and preferred Developers; evaluating market areas for growth potential, site selection, development scope, site characteristics, assessing fuel volume/retail sales potential, negotiating agreements for either the purchase or lease of land; managing the deal from conception through closing; collaborating with fellow design, construction, finance, and operations partners to build a viable business case and gain project approval by REC.
- Create and Maintain a rolling Pipeline of sites (in contract) to achieve desired pace of strategic growth in the respective geographies
- Establish a core group of external brokers and preferred developers who can enable the team to achieve its annual goals
- Establish boundary conditions for negotiations of land contracts and leases to create the greatest leverage of the BP brand and credit
- Utilizing market knowledge, create a market optimization plan with specific targets for growing the network to maximize market share and site profitability; then maintain a rolling 3-yr plan with specific sites that have been identified to satisfy the strategic targets.
- Conduct regular site rides with RE Managers to provide second-level review of each and every site that is presented to REC for approval
- Monitor and review weekly progress of deals to assure team meets quarterly targets for REC Approvals, deals under contract, closings, and fulfillment of all Development obligations are met on a timely basis to achieve plan financial goals.
- Collaborate with Design, Construction, and 3rd party Architects in the planning process to gain approvals of Planning & Zoning within the anticipated project schedule
- Bachelor's Degree - Preference for Business, Finance, or Real Estate degrees
- At least 5 years of relevant business experience with regional or national multi-site retailers
- Established network of brokers, developers, and professional colleagues
- Extensive market knowledge of retail sites and activity
- Keen Negotiating techniques and skills
- Supervisory experience in a high-paced environment