Regulation Support Co-ordinator
Pearson is the UK's largest awarding body. We offer academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK, and internationally. We have a passion, energy and a genuine desire to help people make progress in their lives.
As a regulated Awarding Organisation in the UK, we are accountable to all four UK regulators: Ofqual in England, Qualifications Wales, CEA Regulation in Northern Ireland and SQA in Scotland. The responsibility for ensuring that Pearson is aware of and meets its regulatory obligations lies with the Regulation Team and in this capacity it acts as a primary point of contact on regulatory and governance matters for the business and qualification regulators both in the UK and internationally. The Regulation Team sits within the Business Improvement and Regulation Division.
The role is based from the London office at 80 Strand.
Reporting to the Head of Regulation, the Regulation Support Co-ordinator is responsible for supporting the Director of Business Improvement and Regulation and the Regulation team’s day to day work across a wide range of activities. This includes information management, supporting the team to ensure timely responses to regulatory communications, regular reporting to Senior Management and providing general administrative support
- Manage information for the team
- Maintain records and reports of team activities ensuring ease of reference to documents and MI for use both internally and during regulatory audits.
- Support the Head of Regulation in tracking department spend against budget.
- Maintain records of expenditure for the team.
- Support preparation for Regulatory audits
- Manage the audit schedule to ensure that business colleagues are aware of timelines and responsibilities in respect of Regulatory audits. Work with appropriate departments, the Head of Regulation and Regulation Managers to ensure the timely submission and upload of evidence to Regulators ahead of audits.
- Provide Internal Communications Support for the Regulation Team.
- Ensure that timely information is sought and obtained from internal colleagues in relation to information, updates and notifications to the regulators.
- Support the development, and ongoing management of, a process for gaining regular feedback from stakeholders within Pearson regarding the work of the Regulation Team. Gather feedback and work with the Head of Regulation to develop appropriate action plans for the team to ensure that we meet the needs of colleagues across the business. Support the development and maintenance of communications and events to promote the work of the Regulation team across the business.
- Maintain documentation and records for the team in relation to key regulatory activities.
- Ensure that documents and records of activity and decisions are appropriately controlled, stored and maintained, ensuring ease of reference and enabling a consistent approach to decision making.
- Support the resolution of requests for exceptional awards
- Help to resolve and record decisions relating to requests for exceptional arrangements for meeting local needs units and late registrations/certifications.
- Work with the team to record and report performance against KPIs on a regular basis
- Ensure that monthly reports on KPIs are provided on time to the Head of Regulation and the Director of BIR
- Support the Head of Regulation and the wider team in fulfilling requirements
- From time to time and at peak periods, as necessary, support the work of the team in fulfilling its obligations in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Business Improvement and Regulation as required.
- Managing the role’s core activities with minimal supervision and to a high standard, after an initial period.
- Professional, customer focused services and effective representation of the Regulation team.
- Reporting of activities and analyses in an accurate, timely, consistent and effective manner appropriate to the intended audience and in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Effective prioritisation of work to meet by pre-set deadlines and agreed annual plans of work, whilst being responsive and adaptive to the dynamic environment within which we operate.
- Salary - £22,000 to £24,000 depending on experience
- 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Self motivated
- Provide a Customer Focused Service
- Have an awareness of the commercial needs of the business whilst ensuring that Regulatory demands and requirements are met.
- Delivering Goals in a Changing Environment
- Influencing Others to Make Things Happen
- Maximising the Performance and Potential of Self and Others
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Pro-active self-starter who can see, develop and exploit opportunities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good ability to analyse information and data
- Proven ability to network
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google applications, with advanced proficiency in Excel and Google sheets.
Personal Style and Behaviour:
- A proven communicator and team worker with the ability to coordinate resources to get things done.
- Adopts a pro-active working style, constantly alert for opportunities for improvement.
- Someone hard working and highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence others, often at a high level within the organisation, in order to achieve results on time and to a high quality.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 10, 2018
Job Unposting: Apr 20, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1804342
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.