Relationship Manager: Content Services
To accelerate Pearson's digital transformation, Pearson is creating a new Content Services Centre - "The CSC" in order to:
- Simplify our content services vendor landscape & engagement model
- Help us become more efficient and effective in our content investment
- Improve our speed to market
- Improve the quality of our products
- Enable our editorial and product portfolio teams to focus more on product innovation
The CSC will deliver content services for all teams in Pearson globally that need to create and develop high quality learning content for print and digital products, all from a new, dedicated hub in India.
As part of the CSC’s Demand Team, the CSC Relationship Manager is the key interface between consumers of content services and the CSC. The CSC Relationship Manager will be dedicated to a specific region, discipline or subject area, in order to build strong relationships with Pearson’s Portfolio Management, Content Development and Production/Digital Studio stakeholders in that area.
Main responsibilities of the CSC Relationship Manager role will be as follows:
- Participate in product and program delivery, from the earliest stages of planning, in order to ensure full understanding of the needs of CSC Customers and pro-actively plan for delivery accordingly.
- Build a forecast of demand from the particular dedicated business area, taking inputs from planning systems and processes, as well as participating in regular planning meetings driven by teams, and translating structured and ad-hoc inputs into the CSC's demand management tools.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the full scope of CSC services, with the ability to draw on specialists from each of the CSC service lines, as needed, in order to define the scope of work for the CSC to deliver the required outcomes for individual products and programs.
- Maintain oversight of all services being delivered to a particular business area, and act as a point of escalation, proactively driving resolutions where needed, for both CSC Customers and CSC teams working in that business area.|
- Provide management information and reporting to internal customers across all service lines delivering for that customer.
- Collaborate with CSC Service Line Leads to resolve any delivery issues or risks and identify opportunities for continuous improvement, as seen from the perspective of a CSC Customer.
- Input into regular Supply Management reviews to ensure that the supply chain of capacity is aligned to business needs and to provide any clarifications needed to effectively source resources for work in their area.
- Proactively identify the need for new capability or service types, based on product and program plans, then work with the CSC Leadership Team to design new services and source supply accordingly.
- Communicate emerging CSC-led initiatives and insights to CSC Customers, to drive the innovation agenda.
- Track and report on CSC Benefits for Pearson, and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
Key skills and person profile
- Project management, planning, risk and issue management, regular reporting, budget management.
- Highly numerate
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Customer focused
- Vendor management
- Global delivery
- Change management experience highly desirable
- Content creation and development experience for education products, ideally print and digital
- Experience working in a large content delivery organisation (2000 people), with a global delivery footprint and large scale use of third parties.
- Familiarity with print and digital content production
- Comprehensive understanding of the content development workflows
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, able to engage at the practitioner, manager and executive level.
- Ability to take the initiative, think creatively and develop innovative approaches and solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with delivery teams, project and portfolio managers , functional leads and executives
- Experience with project management tools such as Smartsheets and Jira
One or more of the below desirable
Project Management Qualification (e.g. PMI PMP)
Agile Qualification (e.g. PMI ACP)
Quality Assurance Qualification (e.g ISTQB)
Lean (e.g. Six Sigma)
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 27, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1808932
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled