BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
In addition to technology leadership the business intent is to maintain best in class manufacturing performance in all of its assets worldwide. In order to be increasingly cost effective and competitive in a global market, production equipment and systems reliability are critical for improving financial performance. The role of the availability engineer is a critical role to ensure continued
- A TAR within Petrochemicals can cost in the range of $3M to $10M.
- Improvements in TAR efficiency or reductions in duration can have significant impact.
- A 2.0% improvement in Petchems reliability is worth approximately $50M to the business.
Responsible for providing maintenance execution and efficiency expertise to all USA based Petrochemicals sites following a standard Maintenance Common Process (MCP)
- Providing on-site support to the Cooper River site reliability accelerator program (RAP) in 2019 through 2020.Reducing the costs and impact of TAR's and planned maintenance through improved planning, definition of tasks, and implementation of TAR common process (TCP) , scope optimization, etc.
- Maximizing plant reliability, through analysis of data, performance reporting and root cause analysis.
- Develop and support sustainability of common maintenance and reliability standards.
- Act as a change agent to improve reliability and develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Share and apply best practice by communicating with other BP reliability specialists and participating in networks, teleconferences, meetings, and seminars.
- Proactively communicate across the sites any learnings or best practices regarding availability/reliability and assist the sites to implement changes as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of developments in reliability and availability by liaising with vendors and by participating in technical conferences / seminars.
- Assist the sites in performing Reliability Based Maintenance studies and/or Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to proactively identify potential modes of failure and put in place design changes or procedures to address the failure
- modes as appropriate.
- Assist and coach the sites in performing Root Cause Failure Analysis to reactively identify the true root causes of equipment failures and put in place changes to prevent repeat failures in the future.
- Provide assistance to plant requests for technical support in analyzing and resolving reliability issues.
Within Petrochemicals there will be continued focus on reducing overall costs of production hence all maintenance activities will need to be challenged to be at lowest cost and of shortest duration. At the same time the maintenance activities must provide both high quality and safe solutions. The availability engineer must have sufficient expertise, authority and influence to ensure that all maintenance issues have been given sufficient consideration and have been duly acted upon as required. T
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Certified professional engineer credential is preferred in addition to education.
- 10+ years manufacturing experience in petrochemicals, refining, or within the oil and gas industry.
- An ability to apply engineering technical practices and specifications with plants and projects to meet the intent of the Operating Management System while maximizing their value.
- Expertise and proven experience in chemical plant maintenance and TAR processes.
- Track record of technical expertise and delivery in technology and manufacturing environments.
- Understands business context, customer needs, and can identify appropriate actions to progress.
- In depth knowledge of Preventive and Predictive/Condition Monitoring techniques including, but not limited to, the following: Vibration Monitoring, Lubrication Analysis, Ultrasonic Monitoring, Infrared Monitoring, Non-destructive Testing, Positive Material Identification
- In depth knowledge in the use of Reliability Based Maintenance and Failure Modes and Effects analysis techniques.
- In depth knowledge in the use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques and the ability to coach and guide others with their investigations.
- Knowledge of spare parts stocking strategies and the advantages/disadvantages of various strategies.
- Proven capability to work and network across a range of technical functions, Multi-cultural and geographically extended settings, including an understanding of manufacturing issues.
- Works independently and is able to focus effort and prioritize work to deliver business value
- Uses impact and influence skills effectively to gain support for ideas from others.
- Actively seeks out know-how and best practices related to own area of contribution