Up to £40,000 depending on experience plus additional benefits
Full Time, Days Based Position Monday to Friday.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process on what this could look like.
We have 3 brand new positions at the Sudbury site due to the growth of the team. We are looking for talented and experienced Maintenance Methods Engineers/Reliability Engineers to join the team, this is an exceptional opportunity to further your career with Nestlé Purina - part of one of the world’s most successful companies.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too
At Nestlé PURINA Pet Care, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too. As a world leading company in pet care and nutrition, Nestlé PURINA has been helping pet’s live healthy, happy lives for over 85 years. We are proud to produce some of the UK’s best loved brands including BAKERS®, GO-CAT®, WINALOT®, FELIX®, and BONIO, trusted and bought by millions of pet owners.
As Maintenance Methods Engineer, you’ll be at the heart of the Sudbury factory operations, ensuring all our machines and equipment perform at the levels expected of a world class company, whilst ensuring the safety of all those who use them.
A day in the life of a Maintenance Methods Engineer
You will be part of the newly formed maintenance methods team, supporting and participating in the implementation and execution of the factory asset maintenance programme aimed to eliminate unplanned stops and optimise maintenance cost and as a result increase asset intensity.
Other key activities will include:
• Actively participate in maintenance routines to ensure that maintenance activities are scheduled and executed in time with high quality.
• Support and participate in the implementation maintenance methodologies to drive improvements. (PM pillar, foundations),
• Coach breakdown analysis process on priority basis agreed with method strategy.
• Coach and promote the quality and effectiveness of breakdown analysis.
• Provide input for annual maintenance budget for assets under your control.
• Assist with the reporting and tracking of the maintenance budget
• Be the link between production to engineering, by being an active member of local committee by execution projects.
• Build engineering capability in terms of competencies
What will make you successful
You’ll need to be passionate about helping to drive our journey towards becoming a LEAN enterprise. This is a hugely exciting, world-wide change to the way Nestlé operates. It’s not in just any job that you get to play a key part in helping a world-leading company undertake the biggest change in its history!
We are also looking for:
• Experience within the technical maintenance field in a corresponding industry, ideally food production or other FMCG categories.
• A track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams.
• A Time served either apprentice or hold a undergraduate degree in a technical or scientific discipline or equivalent.
• Experience and knowledge of engineering design
• Experience in engineering reliability management and exposure to reliability centred maintenance i.e. CBM tools, predictive maintenance processes
• Good organisation and financial management skills.
• SAP knowledge and TPM methodology – additional advantages.
• Experience working in multifunctional team (i.e. capital projects, DMAIC) preferred.
• Committed to ensure an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations, in relation to product quality, people or environment safety
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 28th January.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application. To find out more about Purina, please visit http://www.purina.co.uk.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.