The Mechanical Reliability Engineer in this position is a member of the Maintenance and Reliability group supporting the Chemical Plant. Team members are responsible for routine technical support for operations and maintenance and for managing small capital and expense projects.
- The Reliability Mechanical Engineer is responsible for investigating and eliminating incidents of lost production and repeat failures of equipment.
- Responsible for identifying areas of opportunities for implementation to improve Reliability and reduce Maintenance costs.
- Acts as a resource to Maintenance to improve procedures and repair methods.
- Assists with preparation of TAR (turnaround) work lists and scopes as needed.
- Develops long term Reliability improvement plans.
- Manages and controls maintenance costs in the assigned area.
- Monitors trends and puts corrective action in place to reduce costs and improve equipment reliability.
- Develops designs and assist in implementation of unit minor capital improvements.
- Demonstrates behaviors which promote a safe work environment in all aspects of the job.
- Works closely with manufacturing personnel to implement modifications to improve plant reliability and reduce operating costs.
- Performs mechanical design and design evaluations
- Coordinates input from project team members for project evaluation, development, and execution.
- Manages cost, safety, and operability.
- Interfaces with plant manufacturing teams.
A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years experience in a mechanical engineering position supporting manufacturing.
- Project engineering or maintenance engineering experience, or both.
- Refinery or chemical experience, PTA experience being beneficial.