The Reliability Specialist serves as the functional point of contact for reliability strategy, long term engineering evaluations and reliability programme implementation with the primary goal of ensuring unit availability. The Reliability Specialist will perform advanced reliability analysis and coach reliability engineers in performing the same. The Reliability Specialist will support the implementation and maintenance of reliability IT systems (i.e., Meridium)
The Reliability Specialist will interact with the Reliability engineers, Maintenance Superintendents, Operations Superintendents and the Leadership team for implementation of the reliability program. The Reliability Specialist will work with the Reliability Team to solve cross-asset reliability issues with the Reliability Engineers and Subject Matter Experts.
- Utilizes various reliability tools in support of continuous improvement (CI), including leading or supporting key activities of the reliability program.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis (RCA's) as directed based on production loss and other triggers
Responsible for maintaining a refinery availability perspective. This includes working with Asset Reliability Engineers to document problematic equipment and provide input into the maintenance, operations and turnaround strategies.
- Develops and maintains "bad actors" list of problematic equipment issues for the refinery.
- Develops action plans to address and mitigate the "Top 10" bad actors annually and inputs to for central reliability team review.
- Develops equipment reliability plans and strategies as input into unit asset strategies
- Facilitates vulnerability studies
- Facilitates development of equipment repair versus replacement plans.
- Progresses reliability recommendations as agreed by the reliability superintendent
Responsible for analyzing data and providing input and context to operational and maintenance activities.
- Performs advanced reliability analytics
- Analyze reliability data to improve key reliability metrics (e.g. IM/LOPC/mechanical integrity)
- Provide data to the Reliability group for external bench marking of equipment reliability.
Support the overall life cycle cost of the asset to meet business strategies by providing input to the following items.
- Asset or unit budgets, including TAR, CAPEX, Maintenance routine REVEX and Major Mechanical.
- Analyses failure data for input to address reliability drivers, projects and decisions.
- Understand short-term and long-term cost drivers, reliability, availability, mechanical integrity risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Provides reliability focused input into the Asset Strategy
- Understands the damage mechanisms and corrosion areas of concern within the refinery.
Reliability Systems Support
- Supports the implementation of reliability information systems (e.g., Meridium)
- Acts as primary point of contact for reliability information system issues
- Provides interface to IT&S for system support
- Works with Reliability Engineers to identity improvement areas
- Works with RTE team to influence system directionProjects
With the relevant asset team, identifies reliability/availability improvement type projects and develops initial justification, incentives and business value to support the funding request.
- Initiates project requests for both reliability improvement and equipment replacements "end of life" type projects
- Has familiarity of all refinery reliability project work in business development or active CVP stages
- Provides input/feedback into new technology identification, development, and selection
- Expected to play a leading role in the coaching and development of reliability engineers in the department.
Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related experience or 7+ years working experience without a degree
- Reliability experience preferred