The Reliability Superintendent manages all aspects of the Reliability engineering team including direction-setting, personnel development, oversight of work quality, establishment of standards, development and implementation of improvements, and measurement of results.
The Reliability Superintendent leads the Reliability strategy based on the BP Global Reliability Improvement Program (G-RIP). The Reliability Superintendent shares the objective of achieving the business goals, including HSSE, Availability and cost management with the Maintenance, Reliability & TAR Manager and other Maintenance Superintendents. This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be required for this position.
- Accountable for the supervision, development, and performance management of the Reliability engineering team including recruiting and succession planning.
- Champion of the BP's 20 Element Global Reliability Improvement Program (G-RIP) for Toledo.
- Champions defect elimination programs, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Bad Actors, and Infrastructure with a focus on Reliability and Maintainability.
- Uses Reliability Data & Metrics along with Production Loss Accounting to define gaps and aid continuous improvement.
- Accountable for the establishment and maintenance of asset care programs across the refinery, looking up to two TAR cycles ahead.
- Networks both within and beyond Toledo Refinery to lead the identification, application and improvement of Reliability processes, systems and technology in alignment with G-RIP and site objectives.
- Leads the development and execution of the Infrastructure strategy, the multi-year infrastructure programs and Reliability Improvement projects.
- Provides supervision to Reliability Engineers to ensure proper technical training and development, the implementation and use of appropriate technical standards, codes and practices and the proactive technical input into the planning and execution of Maintenance and Project activities.
- Leads the development of annual and future years Maintenance budgets and assures annual budget is analyzed, managed and maintained for areas of responsibility.
- Leads the development and use of Reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and supports the use of high-quality Maintenance KPI's along with other input to drive performance and implementation of improvements as appropriate.
- Required: Bachelor degree in engineering
- Preferred: Mechanical discipline preferred.
- Required: Minimum 10 years relevant experience in maintenance repairs, engineering, reliability or other plant experience and must have demonstrated strong leadership capabilities.
- Preferred: Background in maintenance and/or capital project execution, contractor relations, and some exposure to plant operations are desirable