The Reporting Analyst employs data science principles to collect, process, analyze and interpret and communicate in monthly contractual report deliverables. The Reporting Analyst will work closely with operational teams to review data collected in Remedy ITSM and extracted using MicroStrategy BI. The Reporting Analyst can also help Operations with knowledge of databases and syslog data processing for visualization and analysis of communication data.
Translate reporting requirements into deliverables. Reporting requirement includes
(1) operations statistics associated with service tickets, alarm events, incident tickets, and change tickets;
(2) inventory and capacity reporting;
(3) availability management;
(4) trader floor restacking and configuration compliance;
(5) network/private wire activity and utilization; (6) operational performance SLAs, (7) security management.
- Develop reports and KPI dashboards. Deliver ad hoc reports.
- Present meaningful analysis of data and coordinate team review for recommendations
- Evaluate automation opportunities for reporting deliverables.
- Interact with IPC Unigy trading system database and syslog to help analyze communications data.
- Ensure proper documentation is submitted relating to business reporting processes, capture the business requirements and functional specifications, and develop test plans and training.
- Develop test cases in User Acceptance Test plans and monitor the regular UAT testing status
- Experienced resource with 4+ years of relevant work experience performing data analysis, preferably within financial services industry.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience working with Remedy 8 ITSM system.
- Must have experience working with MicroStrategy BI platform.
- Knowledge of SQL database a plus.
- Knowledge of Splunk a plus.
- Experience with REST/SOAP API development a plus.
- Proficient in Data Science framework (collect, explore, process, analyze, interpret) - preferable DACSA certified.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (pivot, macros, Vlookups, string processing), Visual Basic, PowerPoint, and Visio to produce report documentation and presentations.
- TIL certification ideal.
- Exceptional communication skills; presentation, facilitation, oral, written, listening and conflict resolution.
- Excellent analytical capability.
- Ability to identify automation opportunities and enhancements and drive related requirements definition.
- Must be comfortable working with global teams across multiple regions
- Well-organized and self-directed; ability to balance and prioritize competing interests
- Knowledge of IPC products and services a plus.