Responsible for management of the Reporting Centre of Expertise team. This will involve working with the reporting governance team, application support teams, group reporting & the chart of accounts committee in delivering best in class reporting throughout Pearson.
Collaboration, partnership and stakeholder management are foundational to success in this role. This role will involve working in a changing environment, managing a team during transformational change and being part of the delivery of the reporting centres strategy to the wider business.
The Reporting Centre of Expertise is responsible for building, unit testing and supporting reports from the Enterprise ERP systems using mainly the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR) Toolsets. Also, the team has responsibility for the maintenance of the Global Pearson Chart of Accounts across multiple platforms and assisting the Group reporting function on a monthly basis.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Management of a team building reports and dashboards from functional specifications in OBIEE & HFR.
- Management of a team maintaining the Global Chart of Accounts across multiple platforms, including support for local operational sites with monthly consolidation.
- Project planning workload and resource to deliver an agreed level to service to the business.
- Overseeing quality of team in documentation of report testing approvals and quality assurance.
- Ensuring existing reports to ensure they meet standardisation guidelines and follow the Reporting Governance Model.
- Supporting existing reports to ensure they meet standardisation guidelines and follow the Reporting Governance Model.
- As Manager, you will be accountable for service management for reporting across Pearson.
- As Manager, you will advocate and act as an ambassador for Reporting Centre of Expertise, its processes and solutions to the business.
- Providing technical assistance, mentoring and cross training to team members.
- Being an active contributor to the Reporting Centre of Expertise communication plan.
- Other Ad hoc duties as required.
- Manage direct reports by motivating, developing and leading them in accordance with Pearson policies.
- Conduct regular Personal Development Reviews as per Pearson policy.
- To communicate honestly with your team, providing constructive feedback.
- To effectively manage the time and attendance of all Employees in your area, setting and achieving of deadlines/targets.
- To effectively implement positive change within the department, lead and motivate employees.
- Communicate information and concepts in a clear, precise, thorough manner to meet the needs of both finance and non-finance audiences.Appreciate the diversity of stakeholder interactions and adapt personal style as well as approach accordingly.
Accountability and Ownership
- Prioritise and balance, organize, and allocate time, action, and resource to generate significant positive results and achieve critical goals. Anticipate and decisively intervene, addressing and removing obstacles, and redirecting efforts to accelerate work, improve quality, move the work forward, and/or get efforts back on track.
Collaboration and Partnering
- Identify opportunities and take action to build relationships between own area and other teams/departments to help achieve business goals.
Change Management Capability
- Understand the change management process. Able to influence and lead others to embrace change positively in support of organizational objectives.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential Skills /Experience:
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Experience in managing a team in a data driven environment.
- Experience of reporting software packages (OBIEE, Hyperion Financial Reporting or similar).
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (if statements, vlookups, pivot tables etc). Likely to be tested at interview.
- Analytical and project management skills.
- Proven experience in communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven team player.
- Demonstrable track record of problem-solving.
- Experience working in a technical data driven environment.
Desirable Skills /Experience:
- Accountancy, Computer Sciences or Business Studies related degree.
- Experience in the finance function of a multinational matrix organisation.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Hyperion Financial Reporting.
- Experience and understanding of business intelligence concepts and database design principles.
Personal Style and Behaviour:
- Diligent with a high level of attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 24, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1901082
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.