Research Lead, UK Business
At Pearson, we are committed to a world that is always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it is one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are looking for a highly experienced insights and strategy consultant to partner with our UK business, setting the research agenda and providing insights to support the go-to-market positioning and strategy and new product and service investment. You will partner closely with the senior leadership team, having a “seat at the table” with senior leaders to build the necessary insights to facilitate decision making.
Ideal candidates should have a contagious passion for research - as well as a keen interest in our mission and business -empowering progress through lifelong learning.
Reporting directly to the VP, Global Research & Insights, you will be a key leader and part of a centralized function with a dotted line to a specific business unit and willberesponsible for building partner recommendations through market and industry analysis, customer insights, competitive assessment, and market research.
This is an exciting, newly established role that will play a huge part in growing Pearson’s culture as an insights-led organization and input to the overall Pearson strategic direction.Because this will be a newly formed organization, you should be comfortable in a startup environment, and be willing to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats as we get the function up and running in 2018.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify needs for primary research (qualitative, quantitative) as well as executing and analyzing said research in a compelling way that paints a full picture for leadership
- Work closely with with other members of the Market Research and Insights team to ensure that research agenda is closely aligned and ladders up to the strategic vision for the company
- Conduct industry, market, and competitive analysis and reporting on those findings in an effort to strategically maintain or place Pearson at the front of the competition
- Proactively synthesize and bring strategic insights to the business unit based on issues that are integral to the business
- Stay abreast of internal Pearsonproduct portfolios, organizational initiatives, internal capabilities and stakeholders needs
- Manage a team of researchers who are dedicated to the business unit a well as additional “flex” researchers on a project-by-project basis
- Champion data-driven decision making and raise the relevance of Insights across Pearson by constantly using insights to engage with other stakeholders and build relationships within the organization
- Substantial experience in a senior roles and or similar experience in client management in marketing, market research, consumer insights, consulting, operations and/or communications
- Must have demonstrated expertise with quantitative survey design and management, as well as advanced data analysis skills, gained from at least eight years of experience leading research studies (preferably in the market research industry).
- Must be a recognized expert in a wide variety of research methodologies and advanced analyses, including market segmentation and classification, driver analysis, landscape mapping, and conjoint studies and Regression analysis.
- Deep understanding of research methods (qualitative, quantitative) as well as emerging methods (social listening, syndicated reports, analytics)
- Must be highly skilled at working with clients, including those from various backgrounds and with differing business needs. This person must be capable of providing clients with high-quality consultation.
- Strong writing, communications and presentation skills - with the ability to distill complex data and insights into something digestible and interesting
- Strong account management background, including past experience managing client accounts and business development
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Bachelor's degree minimum; Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Higher / professional education, tech experience, and/or agency experience preferred
- Proven record of leadership and success
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 13, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1807092
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.