What makes it so great to work at Nielsen? Firstly, it’s the people. 1,300 of us from 44 different nationalities working across 11 offices in the UK and Ireland. It’s also our clients. We get to work with the world’s biggest and best brands. Most of all, it’s the culture. We want you to be you – and we want to help you excel and grow in your career with us.
We are looking for a Research Manager to lead our Media Analytics team help our clients understand and drive the success of their marketing campaigns and understand how individuals act digitally. Clients include big names from the world of media: Google, Twitter, Mediacom, Sky, Facebook, as well as advertisers: P&G and Mondelez
Our projects vary from understanding customer journeys to creative positioning. e.g.:
- Reach: We help our clients understand how to effectively target their consumers by understanding online shopper behaviour and aid media owners to capture ad revenue
- Resonance: We help our clients evaluate the success of their marketing campaigns, especially digital and TV, and improve future campaigns. Our Digital advertising effectiveness evaluation e.g. incorporates survey, real time and panel analytics data
- Reaction: We calculate how consumers react to marketing campaigns: Did TV and online advertising activity drive offline sales?
The role encompasses a commercial component, helping support commercial to build business and product leadership to innovate.
We are keen to recruit a self-starter who has significant experience of working in market research within a traditional research agency, broadcaster or media agency.
- 1. Leading day-to-day project management and delivery of all studies
- 2. Managing and developing a high performing team to provide actionable insight through high quality and strategic reporting
- 3. Providing high quality client service and developing long term, positive relationships with major advertising clients
- 4. Supporting senior members of the team on new business activity / proposals and sharing client knowledge with wider team
- 5. Recommending alternative methodologies that meet client needs for RFPs that fall outside of the core areas
- 6. Helping develop and innovate within and beyond the planned product improvements
- 7. Managing & coordinating with third party partners & suppliers
To be successful in this position you will ideally need (not in order of importance):
- 1. To be a self-starter who is keen to learn
- 2. Knowledge and interest in advertising and media
- 3. A genuine passion and curiosity for research
- 4. Strong line management skills
- 5. Good at building relationships both internally and externally
- 6. Strong primary research skills from brief to analysing data and translating into a story with impactful and actionable insights
- 7. Confidence in presenting internally and externally
- 8. To perform work accurately and effectively with attention to detail
- 9. Great project management skills
- 10. To be literate and proficient in PowerPoint and Excel (incl. pivot tables); Google sheets, slides, drives etc.
- 11. Strong verbal and written communication skills