BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Retail Asset Design & Standards Manager leads the architectural/engineering design standards and governance for retail site development, construction, and maintenance in Fuels North America. In this role you will serve as primary point of contact for implementation of global design standards, brand imaging, and prototype designs for evolving retail offers. You'll establish standard construction specifications for strict compliance with BP Group safety standards, Control of Work requirements, and engineering standards for site plans, USTs, fuelling systems, carwashes, and building MEP. The Manager is also responsible for governance of Architectural and Engineering Services, liaising with Real Estate, Construction, and Procurement to assure fees are commensurate with the quality and timely delivery of plans, specifications, and permits.
- Collaborate with the Asset Management Leadership team to ensure consistent application (nationally) of design standards for all projects requiring A-E services.
- Develops and maintains standard guidelines for site planning and prototype building designs that are consistent with global standards.
- Manages the MOC process for deviation from legacy standards
- Assures drafting of site and building construction documents strictly adhere to safe design principles, local codes, and BP requirements
- Work with S&OR EA to ensure standards remain current with BP globally, and fit for purpose through regular review processes,
- Provide technical support to manage the integrity of fuel system designs to enable sound operating practices which prevent and control incidents,
- Establish standard practices for evaluating the feasibility of new site opportunities, scoping projects for budgeting, developing minimum standards for site conversions, and providing preliminary designs for review by REC (Real Estate Committee).
- Lead, coach and develop a team of specialists to ensure core deliverables are met with success
- Meet or exceed design capability KPI's for timely delivery of plans and permits, costs within approved budgets, while minimizing change orders precipitated by design errors or omissions.
- Liaise with Procurement and Construction to continuously identify value-engineering opportunities for cost reductions.
- Represent Asset Management in legal matters related to our site designs, code compliance, and standard specifications.
- Collaborate with Marketing managers to create innovative design enhancements, technological upgrades, brand promotion, and store prototypes.
- As a member of the Asset Management Leadership Team. ensure we lead with our core values, maintaining the highest standards in integrity with open and honest dialogue
- Bachelor's Degree - preferred concentration in Architectural or Engineering related field
- At least 8 years of relevant business experience within a regional or national multi-site retailer
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience
- Expertise with AutoCAD, Revit, and Blue Beam software & related technology
- Experience with OSHA standards, and related knowledge of BPs HSSE technical standards
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Adept at creating presentations advocating innovation in design
- Oriented to process development and performance management
- Skilled at driving costs out of proposed site designs and prototypes