The Retention Manager serves as the Student Services internal and Academic Partners main point of contact, serving as a consultant to a portfolio of University or College level programs. They are required to use their retention expertise in combination with qualitative and quantitative data to drive the necessary changes at an institution to positively impact student retention and the student experience. This person will also be responsible for all the nonstudent facing elements that go into providing student services for an online program including but not limited to; data transfer, student database upkeep, budgeting and forecasting, cross-functional communication, program material creation and learning management system coordination.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Continually analyze program data to understand what is positively or negatively impacting student retention
● Work with Partnership Director to use data to drive positive change at the Academic Partner
● Work to understand what motivates each academic partner with a goal of tailoring messages to align
● Partner with Coaching Services to meet or exceed student retention program metrics each term.
● Prepare and present material at internal and external meetings, both in person and virtually
● Ensure the Academic Partner sees the value of Student Services and the complexity of the support that is required to maintain an online program
● Complete all non-student facing program responsibilities in a timely fashion to ensure Coaching Services are able to effectively support students
● Prepare for and attend on site strategy meetings with the Academic Partner
● Reconcile student enrollment numbers in a timely fashion and complete the required forms
● Confer with faculty, program directors, campus counselors and administrators to help resolve students' academic and administrative problems.
● Launch new programs as needed, ensuring they align with Student Services best practices
● Follow all process and timeline expectations for data entry and data management in the student database.
● Partner with Coaching services to ensure accurate annual budgeting
● Work with Coaching Services to ensure accurate biweekly forecasting is maintained
● Work with the internal team to identify opportunities to improve on student experience and outcomes
● Serve as a consultant to our partners, look to understand the root cause of issues so the right solution can be implements
● Identify areas where the scope of service may exceed our norm and work with Associate Director to determine how to proceed
● Other duties as assigned
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IL-Elk Grove Village
Work Locations: US-IL-Elk Grove Village-150 Northwest 150 Northwest Point Blvd 3rd floor Elk Grove Village 60007
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 29, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801521