This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive, motivated individual, who enjoys using their initiative and is eager to learn.
You will provide a first-class billing service in a busy environment. As an essential member of the billing team, you will work closely with other team members and fee earners. The team process a high volume of invoices and deals with fee earner and client queries on a daily basis.
- Creation of monthly bills from WIP (including monthly fees, litigation, event and national validation billing)
- Dealing with client queries on a regular basis
- Answering queries from fee earners and partners in a professional and timely manner, escalating to the manager where appropriate
- Processing WIP write-offs and transfers between jobs
- Following fee earner billing instructions
- Ensuring special billing instructions are followed where appropriate
- Creation of billing reports and analysis
- Raising e-bills to be uploaded onto client billing platforms
- Providing cover for and assistance to other members of the billing team as required
- Any other administrative or general tasks within the finance department as required
With excellent attention to detail and a methodical approach to your work, you enjoy multi-tasking and prioritising your daily workload. In addition to your strong written and numerical skills, you have a solid grasp of Microsoft Office packages.