This will be achieved by:
- Focusing on delivery and partnering with HR colleagues to provide professional advice on reward issues to the business
- Developing and fine tuning reports and solutions, which can be further adapted by HR to guide the business
- Monitoring, researching and resolving matters pertaining to the EMEA Region e.g.
- Gender Pay Gap reporting
- Global Role Framework changes e.g. Go To Market transformation
- Leveling Refresh projects
- Supporting the Reward Director, EMEA to embed the revised reward org structure in Refinitv
- Building the relationship with the Regional HR Managers and Advisors
- Serving as a regional domain expert for compensation and benefits programs across the business (base pay, bonus, benefits, Unions and Works Councils), ensuring that support at the regional and local level is provided as required
- Partnering with the broader Reward team and working with Regional HR and business leaders to ensure that compensation aligns with and supports Refinititivs strategy and goals
- Providing comprehensive, value-added support to the business within the context of Refinitivs reward philosophy and strategy.
- Partnering with Regional Reward, Global Benefits and Reward Solutions on the delivery and communication of Global Compensation Programs (e.g. merit budgets, ACP, recognition)
- Support the execution of the Global Reward philosophy and strategy across Refinitiv. Ensure effective delivery of all Reward programs and processes.
- Partner closely with HR and business managers to understand business requirements and provide effective solutions aligned with reward strategy and architecture.
- Identify and evaluate regional views and requirements to help shape and inform overall reward strategy and provide input to programme planning and direction.
- Ensure compliance with reward governance, minimising exceptions and ensuring genuine cases are documented and approved.
- Collaborate with Benefits team on development and implementation of benefits programs and retirement plans in EMEA to support Refinitiv's reward philosophy.
Service Delivery and Customer Focus
- Lead the delivery of core reward processes (e.g. Annual Compensation Planning, Promotions, Annual Bonus) in the region ensuring effective planning, communication and focus on excellent customer service.
- Work with Reward Solutions to develop and deliver dashboards and key reward analytics to inform HR and the business in EMEA and provide focus for regional activities Monitor end-to-end reward processes for cost-effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery model, and implement changes as appropriate
- Understand and support HR/ER in management of the Unions and works councils, with reference to annual pay negotiations and other reward-related activities and programs.
- Monitor performance of external vendors, where required, and ensure excellent customer service is provided by all providers/vendors
- Drive excellent customer service for reward customers by relentless focus on efficiency, simplicity and consistency of reward processes and communication
- Lead delivery of reward training and education programs for HR and the business in EMEA.
- Provide general compensation consulting, education, and advice in the region.
- Support the Reward Director, EMEA in creating a culture of continuous improvement in reward delivery and drive focus on service and data quality through root cause analysis, process change and education
- Simplify processes and reduce costs through removal of duplication and redundancy
- Identify opportunities to reduce or remove legacy reward issues through harmonisation
- Monitor market trends in EMEA and develop recommendations to ensure programs are competitive
- Remain up to date with compensation developments in the region, building external networks and knowledge to ensure that the business is constantly aware of market trends and best practice locally
- Ensure we have appropriate tools to monitor current reward programs to ensure legal and regulatory compliance, e.g. Gender Pay Gap reporting; competitive position and effectiveness; recommend improvements as needed
- Monitor and interpret new regulations, statutes, and legislative developments which affect compensation and benefit plans and recommend policy changes as appropriate to ensure compliance
- Drive compliance with reward governance and monitor and report exceptions
- Coach and guide the wider reward team in areas of specific expertise and/or regional knowledge.
- Collaborate closely with peer group in other regions to share knowledge and identify learning opportunities.
- Focus on achievement of Refinitivs People goals.
- Strong compensation expertise with substantial experience in delivering reward programs;
- Degree/Master’s degree preferably in Human Resources Management, Business or any related field.
- Ability to establish credibility and build relationships with HR and business managers.
- Ability to identify critical issues, creatively solve problems and maintain focus on the central task to drive added value
- Proven ability to deliver results within a matrixed global organization and to drive tasks through to completion (execution focus)
- Ability to develop new insights into solutions that result in and promote organizational improvements (process, product)
- Must be highly collaborative, with ability to work in partnership with broader Refinitiv Reward team as well as HR.
- Must be able to work effectively both face to face and virtually.
- Must be able to balance responsiveness and displaying a sense of urgency, with diligence and accuracy.
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty, with an absolute commitment to confidentiality.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.