As the Safety Advisor, you will conduct inspections, investigate incidents, conduct hazard assessments, and assist in the health and safety training of the refinery workforce.
- Consults/Coaches refinery workforce concerning safety and health procedure/programs, hazard identification, and promotional activities to stimulate refinery-wide health and safety awareness.
- Actively participates in assigned leadership teams (asset area, maintenance, TAR, etc) performing audits, identifying gaps, creating gap closure plans, and implementing solutions in harmony with the area teams.
- Work closely with team of Safety Advisors to ensure continuous safety support to refinery and able to manage time between field activities and technical responsibilities.
- Serves as single point of contact for various areas, or departments related to health and safety issues.
- Advises management regarding plant health and safety programs that satisfy the regulatory and business needs.
- Conducts health, safety and compliance audits, inspections and assists with incident investigations.
- Works within the H&S Team to develop and implement site wide safety plans and initiatives for continuous improvement of site safety culture and HSSE performance.
- Develops and conducts safety training programs for the workforce as requested.
- Conducts or assists with risk assessments
- Acts as subject matter expert for assigned health and safety topics, programs, policies or procedures.
- Works with the emergency management teams to provide emergency assistance as required and is assigned a role in the Incident Management Team or the Emergency Response Team, with minimal overtime required.
- Coordinates various refinery Health and Safety audits to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and company standards.
Bachelors degree is required. A Bachelors degree in health, safety, environmental, or related discipline is preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in health and safety field.
- Ability to climb and work at heights.
- Experience developing and delivering training sessions and presentations.
- Strong analytical and systematic problem solving skills.
- Experience in HAZOPs, MOC’s, Incident Investigations, risk mitigation plans, and Job Safety Analysis.