As the SIS Engineer, you will provide assurance of critical instrumented systems. You will analyse test results and makes recommendations for test procedures or modifications to instrumented installations to ensure reliably functioning systems.
- Manages the overall instrumentation testing process and ensures that appropriate testing and documentation is complete to maintain compliance. Testing includes Environmental Compliance Instrumentation, Safety Instrumented Shutdown systems, safety related instrumentation, Critical Alarms, commercially driven equipment and Fire and Gas Equipment.
- Create testing procedures for all equipment added to the testing program. Ensure proper procedures are available for all existing equipment.
- Updates the CAST scorecard when items are added or removed from the list.
- Review engineering projects and improvements to ensure compliance with refinery standards and good engineering practices to enable the required testing to occur.
- Complete and publish monthly KPI for the testing program and other instrumentation activities.
- Review and recommend changes to site technical practices for management of SIS systems.
- Audit compliance with internal and external standards related to SIS.
- Serve as a technical resource for Toledo Refinery for Safety Instrumented Systems and other instrumentation.
- Work with Operations and Technical to identify temporary mitigations until safety systems are repaired.
- Support Instrumentation Technicians with technical expertise in execution of the testing requirements.
- Create TAR work lists for CAST testing to identify items to be completed during unit shutdowns.
- Understands and is compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process safety policies and procedures.
- Member of the Plant Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP) team
Bachelors of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years of industrial instrumentation and controls systems.
- Knowledge of ISA SP84.01 specification required.
- Technical knowledge of instrumentation design, specification, documentation, installation and maintenance.
- Familiarity with pertinent industry standards such as ISA and API. Strong working knowledge of process hazards analysis techniques such as HAZOP and LOPA. Basic understanding of refinery processes and associated hazards required.
- Identify and assess safety hazards
- Competent in reading technical drawings