At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are seeking a Sales Director to develop, manage, and guide sales activities in the U.S. market. The Sales Director will propose, develop and execute campaigns, and strategies to achieve maximum sales volume potential for all products and/or services. Working with the Market General Manager, Finance, and Operations, the Director will set revenue objectives for the growth and be responsible for the achievement of these objectives.
- Achieve and exceed the Pearson preK-12 sales revenue goal in assigned sales and operational expense budgets. Accountable working within assigned sales operational budgets.
- Closely collaborate with internal stakeholders including the Market General Manager, Account General Manager and product Marketing to translate vision and strategy into effective sales actions to maximize profitable revenue across all Pearson preK-12 products, services, and solutions in assigned accounts.
- Partner with the highest level of decision makers within assigned districts to present broad Pearson solutions that include instruction, assessment, technology, and services solutions to increase student achievement within the district.
- Identify solution and point opportunities and mobilize Market resources to bring Pearson K-12 expertise to each opportunity to win the business. Resolve relative territory product and service delivery issues.
- Develop three-year account business plans including an annual sales plan in support of organizational goals and objectives incorporating articulated customer needs and funding criteria.
- Prepare sales and pipeline reports showing secured sales, potential sales, and sales opportunity areas implementing the use of strategic sales analytics in assigned accounts
- Seek new solutions opportunities for growth in sales territory. Looking for digital sales and emerging opportunities.
- Coordinate field input to product management, product development, and marketing groups in advance of sales cycles to ensure instructional needs are met with effectiveness and innovation.
- Provide the Market General Manager accurate information regarding all aspects of the sales activities in assigned states (sales and budget forecasting, competition analysis, strategy adjustments, sampling effectiveness, market trends, etc.)
- Assume responsibility for working with the contract administration to ensure that all aspects of the listing process are accomplished on time and to the best advantage of the Assessment and Instruction Group within assigned districts.
- Build relationships with other Pearson divisions and develop and oversee integration plans to maximize revenue opportunities and construct solutions that meet customer needs across elementary, secondary, supplemental, technology, assessment, and services development channels. Assume responsibility in working with field campaign marketing to assure successful pre-work activities for all upcoming campaigns.
- BA; business management, education or related field; or BA with excellent work-related experience.
- Advanced degree highly recommended.
- Educational Sales, Marketing or Operations experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop strategic plans that support company goals; ability to mentor and coach sales leadership and to supervise and motivate staff in implementing and expanding sales; advanced skills in opening sales territory and bringing new ideas for efficient marketing of distance courses and programs.
- Strong skills in sales in an educational business environment; ability to find funding sources.
- Experience leading an outside sales team.
- Knowledge of selling in to the education industry.
- Experience managing P&L and budget process.
- Strong knowledge of curriculum and the curriculum sales process.
- Significant travel will be required.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-Florida
Other Locations United States
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 28, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809646
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled