Sales Leader – Western Europe
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the worlds most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Sales Leader to join our team based in Western Europe.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO)
We are looking for an experienced sales leader to assist Certiport in the growth of its business in Western European countries. The position will be preferably based in Germany.
The Sales Leader is primarily responsible to drive achievement of an annual sales quota from the sale of Certiport’s products and services in the assigned territory. The person is also responsible to ensure all customers in their assigned region are utilizing the products they have purchased to maximize potential of annual purchase renewal.
This is a quota carrying sales position, with full sales responsibility and benefits within the assigned territories. The expectation is that this individual will meet or exceed their own annual sales goals.
- Drive sales and support in multiple market segments within the within the assigned territories.
- Ensure the sales growth of assigned territories, both through new client/partners acquisition as well as the development and renewal of existing customers
- Own the sales process from prospecting to close by selling directly or through partners
- Prospect and develop potential medium to large account customers in the assigned territory or region via daily phone sales efforts and through in-person customer visits
- Increase sales and productivity by visiting established partners, locating and appointing new partners across the assigned territory
- Present Certiport programs and certification to potential medium to large account customers
- Maintains effective and productive relationships with Certiport partners, and evaluate each partner business and market share regularly
- Assist local partners to overcome objections, resolve customer concerns, and close potential sales in all types of sales settings
- Develop marketing initiatives and strategic plans for maximum market penetration
- Attend key regional or national trade shows in the assigned territories or region
- Meet assigned monthly and annual sales quotas
- Maintain daily and monthly sales forecasts and sales pipeline updates in Salesforce.
- Ensure partners/customers are receiving the support they need to drive high customer satisfaction.
- Manage contract negotiations with C level executives as needed.
- Travel for sales/business meetings, trade shows, and other assigned events.
- 10% Other Duties as Assigned:
- Maintains effective and productive relationships with Certiport clients and partners (Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, Pearson Education, Pearson Vue.) subsidiaries in his assigned territories
- Ensure actual and new partners staff on-boarding, sales, customer services, and technical support training is provide appropriate
- Manage contract negotiations with governments, and medium to large accounts directly or with/through local partners
- Support the Sr. Director EMEA Sales in various management and planning meetings as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in direct sales is required.Education, learning, or IT certification industries strongly preferred in the European markets in general and the German speaking ones in particular.
- Proven direct sales experience with large accounts or CXO level contacts strongly preferred
- Experience in a direct sales management role preferred
- Familiarity with the workforce development agencies, Universities and department of educations (or Ministry of Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Marketing or related field required (Master’s degree preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to schedule and manage your own time, delivering on the activities that produce results
- Confident/Capable in working with CXO level contacts in a sales environment
- Performance driven and results oriented personality
- Work well under heavy sales/quota pressure consistently
- Proven understanding of B2B, B2G and direct sales models
- Excellent oral, written, skills in English and German (any extra European language will be an asset)
- Able to quickly develop trusting and cooperative relationships over the phone and in person
- Knowledge of computer systems and Office apps required (Microsoft Applications)
- Proven knowledge of Salesforce as a primary customer relationship management tool
- Knowledge of education, training or certification products preferred
- Proven record of meeting quota and sales goals
- You will be required to travel extensively in this role.
- When not traveling you will be required to work from your home base.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
Primary Location: Germany
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 15, 2018
Job Unposting: May 29, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1804655
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.