Sales Operations Coordinator
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Specialist to support the Learning Services Sales Organization in California. Sales Operations within this organization help drive salesforce productivity and effectiveness while providing the highest level of customer service for the sales organization to help ensure successful sales. Sales Operations is solution oriented and applies logical and rational decision making to resolve all unique customer challenges while ensuring solutions work within the systems and policies.
Individuals within Sales Operations are assigned a specific Sales Market to support. The Sales Operations Specialist partners with their assigned Sales Market and serves as a single point of contact for the sales team in all order presale activities, quotes, and day-to-day related support. The Sales Ops Specialist understands the quote to cash process for order processing which includes the applications and tools that support the process. Sales Operations understands the details and reasoning of a particular sales order or quote and the financial rules, system requirements, deployment and infrastructure constraints and business compliance guidelines.
- Quote Creation: Create or manipulate quotes using SalesForce and Microsoft Excel adhering to all Finance, Business and System policies.
- Sample Orders for Customers: Keying sample orders for our Sales to be delivered to customers for their review.
- Respond to customer phone calls and emails; act as an agent of the Sales team to facilitate requests or solve escalated issues, liaison with internal teams including Customer Service to ensure that purchase orders are efficiently processed and resolve any issues.
- Marketing folder and binder creation: Create, assemble, package and ship marketing and product folders and binders to support sales campaigns for our sales markets. Involves printing, making copies, assembly, packing, and shipping.
- Review escalated scenarios or issues, use systems and other resources to identify the scope of the issue, determine solutions and, provide direction to other groups, as appropriate, to resolve.
- Serve as a single point of contact for the Sales team for presale and order activities and day to day support.
- Create spreadsheets and other documentation to accurately represent the proposed structure of a complex deal; provide clear and complete direction to order processing to reduce any booking delays.
- Participate in presale deal teams; provide input on systems and order processing to ensure compliance.
- Review deals for accuracy and completeness; conduct quality control on orders to verify required non-standard approvals are obtained and documented; ensure deals are compliant with revenue recognition rules.
- Assess order holds and other issues and formulate solutions to reduce delays in recognizing revenue.
- Partner with Sales to manage complex and non-standard deals from presale through delivery; provide oversight on deals to ensure accurate invoicing and delivery; communicate deal status to Sales.
- Have knowledge of the schedule of authority for approvals outside the systematic routing; articulate approval requests; facilitate for appropriate approvals.
- Prepare deferral calculation for all non-standard payment requests; interpret and draft credit analysis overview and route for approval.
- Manage executed contracts by coordinating with Legal and Finance to ensure compliance for order processing.
- Deliver strategic insights to sales leaders to facilitate data driven decision making.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Recommend and drive process improvements.
- Interact with all levels of management; communicate effectively verbally and through email.
- Demonstrate teamwork, dedication, and a commitment to excellence.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and be adaptable to change management within processes and/or applications.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
- Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Able to problem solve through thorough research and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge required.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-California
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 27, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806541
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled