Sales Operations Specialist
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Specialist to support the Learning Services Sales Organization. Sales Operations within this organization help drive salesforce productivity and effectiveness while providing the highest level of customer service for the sales organization to help ensure successful sales. Sales Operations is solution oriented and applies logical and rational decision making to resolve all unique customer challenges while ensuring solutions work within the systems and policies.
Individuals within Sales Operations are assigned a specific Sales Market to support. The Sales Operations Specialist partners with their assigned Sales Market and serves as a single point of contact for the sales team in all order presale activities, quotes, and day-to-day related support. The Sales Ops Coordinator understands the quote to cash process for order processing which includes the applications and tools that support the process. Sales Operations understands the details and reasoning of a particular sales order or quote and the financial rules, system requirements, deployment and infrastructure constraints and business compliance guidelines.
- Serve as a single point of contact for the Sales team for presale and order activities and day to day support.
- Create or manipulate quotes using Salesforce quoting tool adhering to all Finance, Business and System policies and structure.
- Partner with Sales to manage complex and non-standard deals from presale through delivery; provide oversight on deals to ensure accurate invoicing and delivery; communicate deal status to Sales.
- Respond to Sales phone calls and emails; act as an agent of the Sales team to facilitate requests or solve escalated issues; liaison with internal teams including Customer Service to ensure quotes are efficiently processed for revenue or issues are resolved.
- Create spreadsheets and other documentation to accurately represent the proposed structure of a complex deal; provide clear and complete direction to order processing to reduce any booking delays.
- Participate in presale deal teams; provide input on systems and order processing to ensure compliance.
- Review deals for accuracy and completeness; conduct quality control on orders to verify required non-standard approvals are obtained and documented; ensure deals are compliant with revenue recognition rules.
- Prepare deferral calculation for all non-standard payment requests; interpret and draft credit analysis overview and route for approval.
- Record and track time allocation metrics.
- Assess order holds and other issues and formulate solutions to reduce delays in recognizing revenue.
- Review escalated scenarios or issues; use systems and other resources to identify the scope of the issue; determine solutions and provide direction to other groups, as appropriate, to resolve.
- Have knowledge of the schedule of authority for approvals outside the systematic routing; articulate approval requests; facilitate for appropriate approvals.
- Review, document and process spend requests through Markview; engage Legal and Finance as required based on the specifics of the spend request and in accordance with the Pearson Gifting Policy.
- Manage executed contracts by coordinating with Legal and Finance to ensure compliance for order processing.
- Deliver strategic insights to sales leaders to facilitate data driven decision making.
- Recommend and drive process improvements.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate teamwork, dedication, and a commitment to excellence.
- Interact with all levels of management; communicate effectively verbally and through email.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and be adaptable to change management within processes and/or applications.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
- Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Able to problem solve through thorough research and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge required.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Chandler
Work Locations: US-AZ-Chandler-3075 West Ray 3075 W Ray Rd Park at San Tan Chandler 85226
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 21, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809039
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled