The Developer works on software components that form part of a product. You will be involved in designing, running and improving software that meets user needs. You will typically work under the guidance of senior colleagues in your team.
You will work to our technical standards writing clean, secure code following a test-driven approach, ensuring the code is open as far as possible and can be re-used.
Who are we looking for?
Someone with proven (mid-level) experience in Java, REST API, testing frameworks, who understands working in a test-driven development and Agile environment(s) who is passionate about delivering technology solutions for users and wants to change Government services for the better.
Your key day to day responsibilities will be:
• Delivering secure, reliable and scalable software in your team; undertaking a breadth of development tasks.
• Designing new software using appropriate tools and in line with standards, proving designs through prototyping.
• Reporting on system performance and supporting test activities; keeping documentation up to date.
• Supporting services you have delivered through regular maintenance activities, balancing your work with your leadership.
• Working with other engineers to deliver new capability, for instance improved CI/CD pipelines or test approaches