The distillate scheduler plays a key role in developing a robust and optimized operating plan for the next 0-3 months. The distillate scheduler also adjusts plant operations and production in response to unplanned events.
- Communicate the operating strategy to the 24/7 shift team via the shift operating guidelines
- Identify opportunities to maximize gross margin from refinery operations
- Develop the optimized 0-3 month distillate production schedule.
- Optimize distillate system blending to maximize profitability, meet all product specifications, and match product demand
- Identify opportunities to increase refinery profitability and lead efforts to implement these opportunities
- Update operating plans in response to unplanned events
- Schedule deliveries & shipments of distillate feedstocks & products
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7.
Bachelors’ degree in engineering, technical, or business related with 4+ years of experience
10+ years refinery operations experience
- Analytical Skills
- Refinery Unit Knowledge
- Refinery Operations
- Refinery Optimization
- Performance Bias
- Decision Making Skills
- Situational Management
- Problem Solving
- Computer Usage
- Partnering and Team Working
- Understanding the commercial impacts of refinery operations
- Ability to project manage, plan and multi-task
- Open and flexible to change