Scoring Site Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Basic Purpose and Objectives
- Manage all aspects of the working environment of the scoring facility, including support and facilitation of project successes.
- Accountable for site security, confidentiality, and efficiency.
- Create an environment to ensure on-time quality production
- Oversee internal and external operational relationships;
- Plan, monitor, and administer site budget(s).
- Function in a project leader capacity, when needed.
- Exercise independent judgment to plan and execute site goals, objectives, and work.
- Seek guidance from manager(s) on matters of policy, goals, and objectives when needed.
- May work on committees or other internal matters as assigned.
Direction of others:
- Direct, schedule, coordinate, train, and assist administrative, process, and technical staff to ensure efficient workflow and timely completion of work.
- Inform professional scoring personnel and visitors about facility-related requirements and priorities.
Overall Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure site adherence to quality, site, and project standards, including records maintenance, material security and confidentiality, and on-time completion within established quality metrics.
- Train and supervise site aide(s), site tech(s), material handler(s), scanning operator(s), and any other administrative, process, or technical site staff.
- Maintain site security and confidentiality; alert appropriate personnel of any suspected or confirmed breaches.
- Plan efficient and logical facilities set-up, design, and flow for meetings, orientation, training and scoring.
- Participate in employee orientation to communicate facility requirements and priorities, including safety and security plans, timekeeping procedures, quality standards, and other site-specific information.
- Strategize with clients, project managers, and scoring directors to accomplish required standards and expectations.
- Assist in managing project's progress to ensure on time project completion.
- Identify and input issues into ServiceNow.
- Pinpoint areas for continual improvement through employee surveys, informal and formal feedback loops, and observation; implement as appropriate.
- Administer and monitor site budget, including tracking via site cost center reports.
- Process invoices, ensuring appropriate reconciliation.
- Provide first level support of all PCs on site to ensure working order; coordinate with other Pearson departments responsible for site and technical support.
- Have a functional understanding of scoring software systems, including ePEN and ePS.
- Maintain current inventory of all assets on site, including computers, printers, and copiers.
- Oversee relations with landlord, vendors, and other non-Pearson personnel responsible for aspects of the site, in conjunction with Facilities,
- Maintain emergency action and safety plans for site.
- Oversee time entry to ensure proper compensation; address and correct discovered error within a timely manner.
- Host authorized visitors, including other Pearson employees and/or departments, external scoring partners, clients, and auditors.
- Serve as main point of contact for all internal and external audits.
- Partner with Human Resources to resolve personnel related matters, including performance improvement and terminations.
- Ensure records concerning all aspects of scorer and scoring supervisor performance (including evaluations, intervention logs, and other personnel related records) are submitted to HR.
- Act as liaison for staff concerns when appropriate.
- Manage site supplies and needs.
- Upkeep facility cleanliness and repair.
- Manage procedures for shipping, receiving, storage and handling of materials.
- Facilitate open communication.
- Schedule and direct tours of scoring facility as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred. (Degree in business, education, English, mathematics, science, language or related subject area is desirable.)
- Three years total professional experience in related area is required.
- Training or teaching experience required.
- Previous management experience relating to personnel and facilities preferred.
- One year experience in open-ended scoring preferred; educational measurements background desirable.
- Creativity and individual initiative are essential to the performance of assigned duties on complex, new, or unusual projects.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Work Locations: US-IA-Iowa City-2510 North Dodge 2510 North Dodge Street Iowa City 52245
Organization: Assessments School
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 14, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802303