We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing (GCAM) communicates Pearson's unique position as the world's learning company, while building strong and enduring relationships with our key stakeholders across the global audiences around the world. We focus on helping to strengthen our reputation with policymakers, influencers, the general public, and our employees. We ensure that our brand, communication, digital, and marketing efforts are being driven with global consistency. Collectively, our work is anchored in building a strong global Pearson brand with social purpose at its heart.
We are looking for a highly experienced expert to take on the role as Scrum Masteron all aspects of project management for the platform strategy team, helping to build understanding and excitement around their ambitious strategy throughout Pearson. You will also partner closely with others, including User Testers; Visuals designers; Experience designers and Business Analysts to forward plan across our rapid prototyping life cycle — supporting the creation of low to high fidelity prototypes; Epics; User research and testing packs to validate our designs and liaising with business stakeholders to update on progress (in show & tells) and co-collaborate in design workshops.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will help shape the platform strategy overall for Pearson, and specifically forPearson marketing sites, and build the team’s global community and culture.
Collaboration, partnership and active stakeholder management is foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth is key.
- Be part of the team responsible for managing the creative production of assets to support our development team in being able to build efficiently and to specification
- Be responsible for establishing the schedule, managing budget, and ensuring agreed upon project goals, milestones, and quality targets are met.
- Help to communicate across cross-functional teams re the end-to-end workflow
- Helps resolve production bottlenecks, with minimal guidance, by communicating a big picture understanding of interconnecting components for a particular project
- Assists, with minimal guidance, in flagging areas of improvement in terms of production flow / velocity
- Support the Ops Director in strategic definition/high-level planning for the project
- Own the day-to-day and Sprint planning; team coordination to ensure successful delivery alongside clear forward planning and sprint slotting
- Track, escalate and mitigate risks and issues and dependencies identified in tracking to the plan
- Own the facilitation and refinement which will be required to ensure the success of any new processes within the team for the day-to-day delivery
- Bring agile and design-led thinking and knowledge to the team as we refine our processes
- Liaise with our business stakeholders / product owners as required
- Provide accurate reporting re: project status for use in the Executive meeting
- Able to deliver plans according to budget and identify areas for financial optimization.
- Understands rapid prototyping approaches within a fast paced design team
- Collaboration across a number of business areas
Works with other parts of the organisation, with minimal guidance as necessary to ensure support in attaining output, quality and productivity.
Key Attributes :
- Previous experience of working with / within a creative team including User Experience Designers, Visual Designers, Content Leads and User Testers.
- Previous experience of working with development teams to bring designs to life
- Has worked with a creative team in an agile environment for the past 2-3 years
- Previous experience with SAP Hybris, ideally both academically (practitioner qualifications) and in successful ecommerce roll-out projects at enterprise level.
- Previous experience with Adobe Experience Manager in an enterprise environment, particularly with knowledge of authoring capabilities and constraints..
- Ability to understand the outputs of UX design tools (such as Axure, Sketch, InVision) and ability to work with backlog management tools (such as Jira).
- Experience of Hybris in both B2B / B2C / B2B2C environments.
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities, work proactively and prioritise workload for self and across a fast paced team
- Excellent communication skills in writing and in presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to influence, negotiate and work with challenging stakeholders.
- Communication- You have developed interpersonal skills and use these to influence outcomes with persuasiveness and candour. You appreciate the diversity of stakeholder interactions and adapt your style and approach accordingly.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills– You will bring with you a network of relationships, and a track record of excellent internal stakeholder management at all levels, seen as a trusted advisor to the company leadership and Board of Directors.
- Analytical Skill and Learning Agility– You take a systematic, structured view of situations,while staying focused on the big picture. You have the capacity to be open to new ideas and comfortable exploring areas where there are no right answers.
- Global Perspective– You have significant experience operating in a global environment and are able to demonstrate international cultural agility.
- Deliver Results– You have a track record of achievement, translating complex strategies into actionable plans.
- TimeManagement -Excellent organizational and time management skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions
- Judgment and problem-solving skills– You demonstrate sound judgement in assessing business risks and make decisions that balance a variety of factors and considerations whilst always maintaining the integrity of the core values and business strategy.
- Organised- ability to manage resources effectively
- Brave- Resilient – operating under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accountable- Integrity & Delivers what is promised;
- Decent– represents Pearson’s values and believes in the company mission, is a trusted confidant to colleagues and external sources
Imaginative– finds insights to tell Pearson’s story and tells compelling stories simply.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 14, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806759
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.