Sector Advisor - BTEC Level 2 Diploma Healthcare Science
Closing date: 30 April 2019 at midnight
Purpose of this role:
The Sector Advisor (SA) will support the verification of the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Science. The SA will remotely sample learner work against the and confirm if the learner has met the standard for particular units of this qualification.
The SA will work with the Standards Verifier to recommend whether to block or release the units to complete the verification.
The SA must be occupationally competent and have evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the units they are sampling.
We are currently recruiting for the following subjects:
- General Healthcare Science
- Reproductive Science
- Life Sciences
- Equipment Management and Clinical Engineering
- Nuclear Medicine
- Sterile Services
- Cardiac Physiology
- Gastrointestinal Physiology
- Respiratory Physiology
- Urodynamics and Urological Measurements
Please refer to the attached Subject and Unit document for a list of the units and subject specific job descriptions.
Acceptance of a contract to provide services to Pearson as a Sector Advisor will be regarded as an undertaking to meet the following requirements:
- Familiarise yourself with the specifications so that you can refer to the unit content, assessment criteria and associated assessment guidance when carrying out sampling
- Provide proof of relevant CPD annually
- Sample assessment outcomes to ensure that valid and reliable assessment decisions are made and national standards are maintained.
- Undertake sampling of learner work to ensure that valid and reliable assessment decisions are made and national standards are met.
- Provide sector-specific support, advice and guidance to the Standards Verifier
- Complete section(s) of the Standards Verification report, recommend whether to block or release the units being sampled, and provide. The SME will then send the report to the Standards Verifier to complete the verification.
- Recommend specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time bound actions where national standards are not being upheld. Support the Standards Verifier to understand identified actions.
- Report back to Pearson and the Standards Verifier following sampling within agreed service-level agreements (5 working days)
- Under take online supplementary training annually.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of WBL Assessment in relation to this role
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
Experience Required *:*
In order to be considered for the role, you must be occupationally competent in one or more of the following pathways of the qualification. Each pathway relates to a particular group of units which can be seen in the links below. Please refer to the for further detail on the relevant units.
- A willingness to engage in online training and standardisation and to use technology - based approaches for communication
- Experience in delivering and assessing competence based programmes
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skillsA good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
- A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
- A customer-focused approach
- Time management and ability to submit sections of reports within service level agreement (5 working days)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to understand the implications of decisions taken on Pearson's behalf and not to operate outside the sphere responsibility defined within this job description
- Word processing and basic spreadsheet manipulation
Any associate undertaking this role must:
- Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software Have a suitable internet connection
- Have a personal and secure email account
- Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
- Have availability for a minimum of 8 allocations in any given year
- Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for word
Please ensure you add your relevant Healthcare experience under the Occupational section of the form. If your sector is not listed, please contact the recruitment team at associate.pearson.com