We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Senior Account Manager
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
As a member of the Bar Sales Team covering mainly the South Territory, the focus of the role is on achieving sales excellence in order to meet or exceed targets.
This role is responsible for selling the full product portfolio of UKI Legal Solutions and has a heavy focus on growing business via new sales, cross sales and retention. It will require a constant level of contact with the below areas of the market in order to develop new business opportunities from new clients as well as maintaining existing business from current clients:
- Groups of Barristers
- Individual Barristers
- Chambers Management Committees & Support Functions
You will create relationships with Bar contacts and look to broaden Thomson Reuters’ impact, access and revenue from each organisation. You will manage a large renewal base looking to ensure consistent retention and growth through pro-active account planning, client and internal liaison, market analysis and opportunity identification. You will also look to expand the sales into new clients through new business activity as well as pursue active upselling to the existing client base.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Own key client relationships within the given Territory.
- Pro-actively manage and grow your client revenue base through excellent account management, strong retention and growth strategies and constant & professional client contact.
- Pro-actively generate new business opportunities, through your own initiative, strategic sales skills and commercial acumen
- Manage the sales process from initial opportunity through to the securing of the client purchase order and ensure successful service delivery, responding to customer queries in a timely fashion to enhance an develop a strong relationship
- Ensure business targets are exceeded and where necessary anticipate variance discrepancies and prescribe remedies in order to rectify the situation
- Maintain on-going intelligence on competitors and establish a clear strategy for challenging competitors within the Bar Sector market
- Produce customer-specific proposals and attend client meetings to build new, and enhance existing opportunities
- Display and demonstrate new and existing products and services using persuasive and appropriately pitched presentations
- Identify key decision makers and influencers at each account and routinely communicate with them
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team and the Training Team to formulate clear communication and training strategies for key/large customers in order to grow revenue through driving usage
- Accurately maintain the CRM database information on all customer accounts
- Represent the business in a professional manner and protect the company image at all times, using only ethical sales techniques
- Attend regular sales meetings, training events and exhibitions trade events as appropriate
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the sales process
- Mentor and coach junior members of sales team providing assistance and guidance on best practice sales techniques
- Participate in Bar sector projects as and when requested by management
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing high revenue accounts to successful target achievement and client growth.
- Ability to cross sell and sell into white space through pro active sales methodology and practice
- Demonstrable cross-business unit collaboration, by having previously worked within own organisation to develop partner solutions
- Excellent sales skills with proven track record of maintaining and growing existing business as well as attracting new customers and generating new business
- Proven experience of building and managing relationships with key stakeholders within large accounts
- Flexible approach, with the ability to think on your feet and ensure a ‘win win’ situation for both the customer and the company
- Strong influencing skills with proven negotiating abilities
- Proactive approach with excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to empathise with the customer and understand their pain points
- Excellent information, fact finding and questioning abilities
- Proven reporting and account planning abilities
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Previous experience selling technology and online research systems
- Demonstrative oral and written communication skills with the ability to present to small and large groups
- Strong commercial acumen
- Knowledgeable of the full legal solutions product portfolio and a thorough understanding of the legal industry
- Enthusiastic to develop fresh ideas, be innovative and learn new skills
- Self-driven, robust, dynamic and energetic
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of the Bar legal Market
- Market knowledge and an awareness of current issues in the Bar market
- A calm and articulate manner under pressure.
- The ability to present a well organised and coherent argument.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Graduate level education required
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com