Location:Bodmin, Bristol, Exeter, Newcastle, Nottingham, Peterborough, Reading, Warrington, Weybridge, Worcester, Workington, YorkDefra is the UK government department responsible for safeguarding our natural environment,...
Bodmin, Bristol, Exeter, Newcastle, Nottingham, Peterborough, Reading, Warrington, Weybridge, Worcester, Workington, York
Defra is the UK government department responsible for safeguarding our natural environment, supporting our world-leading food and farming industry, and sustaining a thriving rural economy. Our broad remit means we play a major role in people's day-to-day life, from the food we eat, and the air we breathe, to the water we drink.
Our Digital Data and Technology Services (DDTS) Function is currently undertaking a once in a generation Transformation, as the UK moves towards exiting the EU. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Asset Analyst.
The Senior Asset Analyst is responsible for the life-cycle management of IT Software or Hardware assets from an economic perspective throughout the organisation. Included in this responsibility are development and maintenance of policies, standards, processes, systems and measurements that enable the organisation to manage the IT Asset Portfolio with respect to risk, cost, control, IT governance, compliance and business performance objectives as established by the business. This includes responsibility for the registration, monitoring and managing the use of proprietary IT assets. Integration of all suppliers involved in the asset management process, and assurance of the quality of supplier asset management work, are also part of this role.
• Creation, maintainance, operation, govenance and improvement of the Service Asset & Configuration Management governance framework and asset management processes.
• Integrate, co-ordinate and govern suppliers across Service Asset Management.
• Assurance of supplier work across Service Asset Management.
• Assure Software compliance with contractual / licence obligations and entitlements.
• Agree ITSM asset record structure and lifecycle with Configuration Manager.
• Integrate and assure supplier work.
• Check inventory for available Hardware / Software.
• Validate available Hardware / Software with Requestor.
• Assign available Hardware / Software asset to new owner.
• Create asset record and maintain asset record.
• Make use of discovery tools to complete inventory of software assets, where relevant.
• Define procedure to inventory Hardware / Software.
• Assess Hardware / Software inventory report for accuracy.
• Report data into Hardware / Software repository.
• Assess changes and determine impact.
• Update Hardware / Software Repository.
• Manage Hardware / Software recovery/removal process.
• Retain equipment until lease allows return.
• Review Hardware / Software ownership.
Process delivery and improvement:
• Manages the software or hardware Asset Management processes, monitoring the effectiveness of the overall and component parts of the service and ensuring training is available for all users and inputting to Continual Service Improvement.
• Manages Hardware and Software activities from Request to Disposal, ensuring analysts compliance with policy and process in line with KPIs.
• Ensures process execution is consistent with agreed processes.
• Reports the performance of the specialist process to the Senior Asset Manager.
• Ensures the alignment of Asset Management processes with relating IT processes, through engagement and discussion with other process managers.
Asset life cycle:
• Oversees the software or hardware asset portfolio and works with all departments that are involved in the procurement, deployment, management and expense reporting of proprietary IT assets.• Agree and implement improvements to the Asset Management processes.
• Develops and maintains the IT asset policies, standards, processes, systems and measurements
• Provides appropriate management information in relation to financials for IT assets, including IT related software licenses, in collaboration with Finance.
• Analyses asset requirements and describes the impact on the relevant business budgets.
• Provides appropriate Asset input to support business case development.
• Provides input to investment budgets related to the procurement of proprietary IT assets.
• Advises on replacement, out phasing, or expansion of proprietary IT assets.
• Provides input to Asset purchase plans in order to improve control of IT spend.
• Plans asset deployment and disposal in collaboration with IT procurement, Suppliers, Facilities etc.
• Ensure stakeholders are trained in the necessary ITAM policies, process and procedures (e.g. Configuration management, facilities management, desktop support).
• Oversees the overall management of license risk for IT hardware / software in collaboration with Finance, monitoring compliance, raising concerns to appropriate Service Management and devising remediation plans.
• Ensures the enterprise fulfil its contractual, statutory and audit requirements in relation to IT related hardware / software licenses.
Asset Management Governance and operation:
• Contribute to a governance structure incorporating all relevant IT suppliers for the escalation and management of asset management issues, including to the Asset Manager.
• Integrates all relevant suppliers together, providing coordination across all asset management activities.
• Provide assurance over the quality of supplier work related to asset management, and seek to resolve any issues resulting from this.
Please detail the following in your CV.
• ITIL Foundation v3 qualification.
• IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation certificate.
DISCLAIMER: **BY CLICKING APPLY YOU ARE REGISTERING YOUR INTEREST IN THE VACANCY ONLY. YOU MAY BE CONTACTED BY ONE OF OUR DEDICATED RECRUITMENT TEAM. ALL FORMAL APPLICATIONS WILL NEED TO BE SUBMITTED VIA CIVIL SERVICE JOBS**