Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Senior Operations Analyst)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
* General Responsibilities *
- Work with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify, document, communicate and validate business analytics requirements including operational performance metrics and KPIs.
- Work with IT to identify, provision, and structure data from internal, transactional systems and external, third-party appended data sources to support business analytic discovery, visualization, modeling, and reporting/presentation.
- Help improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve business analytics accuracy, viability and value.
- Collaborate in the development of analytical insights and capabilities and ensure alignment of these capabilities to business intelligence strategies and roadmaps.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends using statistical techniques
- Lead design and support development of internal operational and external business partner KPI dashboards and analytical reports using visualization and reporting tools.
- Provide support for on-going analytical performance reports that drive operational decision-making andprovide ad-hoc or special reports as dictated by business needs
- Aid in the development of best practices used in business metrics analysis.
- Act as a liaison on business analytics initiatives between cross-functional stakeholders; draft communications and provide initiative updates
- Support process improvement discussions with stakeholders informed by analytical insights
- Participate in business partner-facing presentations and meetings as needed
* General Qualifications *
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business, Computer Science, Information Management or related field OR combination of education and significant experience required (advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a role focused on data & analytics with demonstrated capability in data visualization, discovery, and analysis
- Advanced knowledge of data sources, tools, statistical principles and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced MS Excel skills as well as working experience with other BI/Analytics technologies such as Tableau, Qlikview, MS Power BI, and Tibco Spotfire
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team setting and shifting priorities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning organizational levels.
- Experience participating in fast-paced and dynamic projects. Solid organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to perform up to 15% non-local travel
Candidates should be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Programming experience: intermediate SQL and scripting language such as Python
- Intermediate Excel: pivot tables, HLOOKUP/VLOOKUP, ODBC, macros
- Integrating data from multiple sources and formats.
- Internal and external dashboard design
- Reporting packages: Tableau desktop experience preferred. Experience with SSRS/SSIS.
- Creating and delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders
Additional skills desired:
- Applied analytics experience in higher education student marketing, recruitment, and retention
- Exposure to: R, Python, Hadoop, machine learning
- Statistical packages: SAS, SPSS
- Curiosity to investigate anomalies in data and understand root causes
- Predictive modeling: linear/stepwise/logistic regression
- Data mining and segmentation techniques
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IL-Elk Grove Village
Work Locations: US-IL-Elk Grove Village-50 Northwest 50 Northwest Point Rd Elk Grove Village 60007
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 29, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1715846