Senior Category Production Planner
£45-50K depending on experience, plus a 17% car allowance and additional benefits.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity based at our York factory; however, we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
Our Nestlé York Factory is the home of the iconic confectionary brand KITKAT amongst several other well-known brands such as YORKIE, AERO, MILKYBAR.
In this role you will be responsible for building robust production plans at our York factory for one of our most high-profile brands; KITKAT. Respecting the agreed level of constraint capacity, you will ensure that finished and semi-finished goods are available with the highest quality, at the right stock location to meet customer demand whilst minimising cost (optimize service at the best E2E cost).
This is an exciting role that offers the opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across different areas of our business including: production, finance, local supply chain, R&D and projects. The role will offer you a degree of autonomy to both challenge and recommend new ways of working.
Role will allow you to be in a close touch with EMENA DSP community by being part of recently created Above the Market Team. You will have the chance to be in contact with all Nestle EMENA Confectionary factories.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Category Production Planner
The key responsibilities for this role include:
• Establishing an 18-month production plan for KITKAT in the York factory, within the scope of responsibility ensuring continuous product availability in all receiving locations
• Creating Committed Capacity, including timing proposals for plant shutdowns, investments etc.
• Provide information on labour requirements through Committed Capacity
• Creating a feasible and optimal production plan that respects based on constrained capacity
• Identify and effectively address all potential capacity issues in advance, working closely with multiple stakeholders to implement solutions
• Identifying possible opportunities and improvements in collaboration with the factory within the 18-month horizon balancing flexibility and reliability
• Actively support the “Strategic Volume Planning” process (i.e. Capex Planning) by providing capacity simulations, scenario planning and contingency proposals
• Coordinate AVC consolidation, volume forecast affiliates and is SPOC for Market Controlling
• Ensures product availability and works closely with other streams to ensure high customer satisfaction
• Looks after Inventories and ensure optimal levels, considering stock covers, DC’s capacity, production cycles and risk management. Actively creates and participate in.
What will make you successful
The successful candidate will focus on providing a fantastic service in satisfying our customer demand whilst optimising cost. To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Relevant operational experience at market/business level, in at least one of the following areas: Production Planning; Factory Planning, Supply Network Planning / IMSP, Purchasing, Factory Production Leadership or Demand Planning.
• Experience in the following processes would be highly beneficial: Product Life Cycle process, Factory Master Data Management, CAPEX or Strategic Planning / MBS.
• A detailed knowledge of inter-market supply planning best practices and processes.
• Demonstrable experience of managing multiple stakeholders both externally and internally.
• A good awareness and understanding of business and market trends.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holiday plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The Closing date for this role is: 12/05/2021
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive enough applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review