You will manage the procurement, contracting and identification of demand for complex, technical and high value goods and services offered by 3rd-Party providers for Capital Projects (typically >$50M TIC) . You will establish and negotiate large and complex procurement and service contract agreements and programs in cross-functional teams. You will interface directly with the EPC contracts on a day to day basis. Additionally, you will collaborate with procurement team members assigned to the capital project who are located at the manufacturing site to ensure that all category needs have been met.
- Develops and executes strategies for procurement of high value goods and services related to assigned Capital Projects
- Travel to EPC contractor offices on a daily basis to coordinate the procurement of goods and services for projects
- Maintains relationships and communications with appropriate BU, project team, USPL and BP North America Down Stream.
- Provides center of expertise support: Contract terms and conditions
- Executes the procurement and contracting strategy for assigned Capital Projects:
- defines scope,
- conducts industry and market analysis,
- develops sourcing selection, commercial structure, negotiation, agreement, relationship and continuous improvement strategy,
- implements strategy,
- performance management
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends in capital projects execution to create value for the Project Management Team
- Responsible for the coordination & management of 3rd party procurement teams provided by Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) Contractors supporting major Capital Projects
A Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience years of experience is required.
- Minimum 10 years Major Capital Project experience including Procurement and Contracting management
- Experience and knowledge in sourcing and contracting with EPCs and suppliers and contractors for the oil and gas industry
- Extensive operations, commercial or technical business experience in the Oil & Gas industry or a related industry
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of Contracting Strategies
- Must have experience with market analysis, cost modeling, contract type selection and preparing and managing RFI's and RFP's and other associated tasks
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts in the Oil & Gas industry or related industry