As the Senior Category Specialist, you will provide dedicated category strategy development and implementation to your assigned category within the scope of Catalysts, Precious Metals, Catalyst Services, Process Chemicals, Fuel Additives, and Chemical Managed Services. You will collaborate with the rest of the category team to engage business stakeholders in order to understand business priorities and requirements, and ensure category strategies and implementation aligns with those needs. You will work to define category strategies by performing analysis and co-ordinating key inputs, such as supply market analysis, cost modelling and benchmarking. You will also be responsible for supporting the category manager in delivering value to the business by ensuring compliance with agreed category strategies and sourcing expectations.
Stakeholder Management Support
- Manage the interface between category strategy development and implementation by the delivery organisation, working in partnership with Category Excellence, GBS, Business Interface and Business teams
- Lead the development of communication content to ensure that category specific messages (such as status, plans, compliance, and market insights) are effectively disseminated across the DP organisation, including the business interface organisation
- Supports the objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations
- Provide procurement and category guidance and advice to business stakeholders
- Provide procurement and category guidance and coaching to more junior members of the DP team
Category Strategy & Implementation Support
- Lead the development of category strategies for categories
- Support CM to ensure a deep expertise within the category area, by accessing MI and external knowledge to ensure the category strategy is informed by an intimate knowledge of the supply market, key dynamics and latest thinking within the field
- Manage inputs to the development of category and sourcing strategies i.e. supply market analysis, cost modelling and benchmarking
- Working with the global category network, supports the development of new and innovative global sources of supply, and working with the business interface organisation, helps to build understanding and support for new sources of supply in the business
- Ensure timeliness and quality of all contracts required for safe, compliant and reliable business operations i.e. implementation in the appropriate systems, category compliance, contract management and requisitioners training
- Ensure compliance to BP policies such as risk management, delegation of authority and DP functional guidelines.
- Accountable for value delivery tracking from the category strategy implementation.
- Responsible for the Value Delivery in the assigned category and regional scope
- Responsible for the development and delivery of annual plans for category and scope.
- Working with the business interface organization, routinely communicates with integrity across key business stakeholders to align the strategic intent of the category strategy and the regional/local business needs.
Sourcing and Supplier Management
- Lead local and regional contract negotiation and supply management activities
- Support business in contract holder roles, gather performance feedback (and variation requests) for input to supplier performance review
- Managing multiple DP, GBS and Business interfaces for category implementation
- Responsible for supporting the Category Manager in category strategy development, implementation and supplier management
- Provides specialist Procurement and category knowledge and expertise to resolve complex Procurement questions and issues
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience is required.
- 7 - 10 years relevant experience required
- Skilled Application in category strategy development and execution
- Skilled Application in sourcing, contracting and contract management
- Skilled Application in tactical procurement
- Skilled Application in supplier management
- Experience in Ariba e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of P2P processes, and SAP system
- Skilled Application in Commercial negotiation skills
- Skilled Application in Influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Skilled Application in Organisational and project management skills.