Senior Copy Writer
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson VUE is looking for a seasoned, versatile Senior Copywriter to join our team. The Senior Copywriter will be a strategic thinker, responsible for developing concepts and ideas that meet creative brief objectives. They will have a proven ability to translate a marketing strategy into compelling creative copy, and ensure that stakeholders and client goals are met when developing and executing ideas across various media types. This role requires established skills in writing and editing to inform, motivate and inspire a variety of professional audiences across IT, health care, academia, finance and other market segments. The Senior Copywriter plays an active role throughout the creative process, ensuring all work is consistent in brand voice and tone. Working closely with marketing managers, digital and print designers, sales and internal stakeholders, you will work in a rewarding, fast-paced, and flexible environment.
- Create and edit customer-centric concepts and copy for B2B and B2C client and channel communications within creative and brand guidelines across all forms of media, including but not limited to:
- Campaigns: email, web pages, social media, advertising and ecommerce
- Tradeshow and event materials: booth, messaging, market-specific program ads
- Collateral: print flyers and brochures, white papers, global digital newsletter
- Website updates/new content, banners
- Video production: scripts, pre and post production consultations
- Sales enablement: presentations
- Special projects, as assigned
- Participate in project kickoff meetings to establish requirements; facilitate formal or informal concept/ideation meetings with design team; pitch ideas and gain buy in from stakeholders.
- Act as a steward of brand voice, ensuring all materials are written in a style that is concise, materially and grammatically accurate, consistent, and conversational.
- Meet deadlines, maintain process flow and communications with marketing and design teams to ensure task and project deadlines are met.
- Pitch ideas and gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Develop working knowledge of the testing industry, Pearson VUE, its positioning, brand standards and copy style.
- Excellent conceptual skills, with the ability to write in a wide variety of formats, different mediums, tones, and styles.
- Delivering agency-quality marketing material and meet deadlines with sharp attention to detail.
- Expert understanding of creative development, from drafting briefs to executing deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and status updates clearly and in a timely manner with stakeholders across the organization.
- Comfortable multi-tasking a diverse set of projects in a fast paced environment - prioritizing workload and managing timelines to meet deadlines.
- Promote teamwork, work productively and collaboratively with internal and external partners to achieve marketing objectives.
- Synthesize complex information and translate into simple and compelling messages.
Experience and Qualifications
- Outstanding portfolio with original content written for B2C, B2B, partner and industry audiences.
- 7 years relevant writing experience in producing outstanding copy in an agency or corporate marketing communications environment.
- Working knowledge of AP Style.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, journalism, communications or related field.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations: US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley 5601 Green Valley Drive Suite 220 Bloomington 55437
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 12, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802225