Senior Customer Service Representative, Temp
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson is seeking experienced Customer Service Representatives to work in our San Antonio facility.This role is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction for Pearson customers who contact Customer Service regarding order/information management, as well as claims, returns, and other order-related scenarios. The ideal candidate can deliver services and information to customers in a professional and efficient manner utilizing multiple computer platforms and applications.
As a trained CSR, you will be given broad knowledge of Pearson Education’s customers, products, and business practices. Successful representatives are able to perform assigned duties in a pressure-filled environment with appropriate prioritization in a high volume, incoming call environment. Incumbents are monitored on a random basis by members of the management team to ensure the highest quality of service to our customers. Strong time management skills, resourcfulness, and excellent communication skills are keys to success in this role.
This position will initially be a 4-month temporary assignment. At the end of the temporary period full-time opportunities (including benefits) being offered to top performers.
- Handle all incoming inquiries and orders within established procedures & performance standards for higher education customers. Standards are established for accuracy, turnaround times, and professionalism.
- Manage customer information needs (availability, shipping status/information, etc.)
- Provide customer with pertinent product information and/or company marketing information in order to maximize sales opportunities
- Effectively take control and manage challenging customer situations to ensure a positive customer experience
- Partner with the Customer Satisfaction team to review customer comments for trend analysis, closing the loop with customers who report their issue is still unresolved
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team and assist with reviewing Vendor Partners customer interactions in order to shape refresher training sessions. Provide QA with trend analysis and details of incidents which need addressing
- Work closely with the training team and serve as SMEs to provide input and review training courses and participate in refresher training sessions
- Ability to Up-sell new products and/or recommendations on change to existing products
- Assist with special projects as they are assigned
- Experience in efficiently resolving customer service inquiries (order processing, order status, claims, returns, etc)
- Experience working in an ERP (enterprise resource planning) system used to support customer service inquiries, Oracle ERP experience a plus
- Experience working in a CRM (customer relationship management) system, Salesforce CRM experience a plus
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, adapt to circumstances, learn from co-workers, and share information and experiences
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, in conjunction with a structured, systematic approach to problem solving
- Proven excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience with, or ability to, cross-sell and up-sell customers across Pearson products
- Ability to learn and actively seek new skills, and keep pace with emerging technologies
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage several ongoing tasks and priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional/cross-company teams
- Be flexible to schedule changes or additional coverage, particularly during peak periods.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality is critical to successful performance in this role. If a Pearson applicant, current record must reflect this.
- This person must be able to sit or stand at a personal computer for a reasonable length of time typing and reading.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a demanding work environment is important
- Must be PC literate with intermediate word processing skills, 35 wpm required, basic spreadsheet and ability to use various PC utilities and Internet based utilities
- Must be able to exercise good judgment
- Ability to work in a call center environment with strict attention to procedure and structure
- Must be able to work in a moderate noise level environment
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations: US-TX-San Antonio-19500 Bulverde 19500 Bulverde Road San Antonio 78259
Job: Customer Service
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Temporary Work
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 27, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1803033