Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The primary purpose of the Security Operations Specialist is tobe responsible for designing, testing, implementing, monitoring and supporting security measures.
You will be a security tools and systems expert, understand defensive security techniques (with the ability to think like an offensive cyber adversary), strategy, technologies and be sufficiently agile to cope with a forever changing digital threat landscape.
Main duties consist of
- Lead and deliver activities within the continuous programme of cyber security improvement relating to cyber security monitoring and incident response for systems and infrastructure
- Operation and optimisation of security tooling/products, including anti-virus, encryption technologies, network security (IDS/IPS/Firewalls), logging and auditing, event and incident management, privileged access management.
- Respond to Endpoint protection and malware detection tools alerts.
- Makes suggestions on tuning IPS Platforms, Firewall Policies, and other security devices and be innovative on their use.
- Assess and understand Pearson’s current security posture and future architecture, providing recommendations for Cyber Security improvement and risk reduction
- Making recommendations to improve operational effectiveness
- Accountable for Security infrastructure change
- Documentation creation and review
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Identify abnormalities and report violations
- Oversee and monitor routine security administration
- Design and conduct security audits to ensure operational security
- Research and recommend security upgrades
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work well in a Team
- Methodical and disciplined work approach
- Good analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Skills and competencies (one or more)
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of information security technologies and methods
- Security event log collection and analysis
- Experience in systems (Linux/Unix) and networking
- Experience of vulnerability and threat assessment
- Experience of Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Experience of Web-based application security
- Ability to develop custom code (perl / shell scripting etc.)
- Experience of Cloud systems and their Architecture (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience of working in a 24/7 Security Operations Centre environment or similar
- Experience of Incident Handling processes and procedures
- Certified to one or more of the following or equivalent -
- GCIA, GHIH, GCFA, CISSP, CEH, GERM, GREM, GCFE, OSCP OR SSCP
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 27, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1716159