To be successful in this role you will have strong development skills in combined with areas of deeper knowledge of technologies and practice, broad understanding of data management, and strong stakeholder and consultative skills.
Expertise in programming , data, business intelligence tools, Extract Transform Load (ETL) and Application Programmable Interface (API) technologies. Knowledge of application development.
You will be able to:
• Lead multi-functional team to advise, quality assure, develop and deliver strategic and tactical data analytical solutions to operational challenges.
• Oversee operations and projects aligned with strategic objectives and complies with statutory and relevant control strategies.
• Ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient departmental service.
• To represent the Agency at National and International forums as an expert in data science. Collaborate with leading data initiatives around government to develop shared approaches.
• Provide advice on tactical options and evidential opportunities to assist the planning of investigations and operations.
• Manage organisational change activity and effectively plan and communicate data led approaches.
• Act as designated lead on data assignments across the agency.
• Lead on professionalization of use of data and provide guidance and assistance to internal departments and partner agencies on data science.
• Manage/coach staff and develop staff in new ways of working with data.
• Oversee the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information, in line with Agency policy.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
As a leader in the NCA you will also:
• Lead your team or work stream effectively, through being flexible and open in thought and action.
• Communicate with transparency, involving your team members in the agency’s transformation journey.
• Role model the agencies values and mission
• Be passionate about diversity and developing people inclusively, strengthening their ability to deliver and enabling them to grow in their roles and careers. You will actively coach and engage people, building their resilience through supporting them in their roles and enabling their wellbeing.
• Be threat led and data-driven in decision making, navigating your team members through ambiguity by making evidence and/or values-based decisions to prioritise strategically. You are proactive and ambitious on efficiencies, finding opportunities to remove duplication and standardising and simplifying where possible. Doing so, you will balance financial and people resources to deliver against changing priorities.