Homes England is looking to recruit an experienced development manager to join its northwest land team in Manchester or Warrington.
The successful candidate will play an integral part in the implementation of Homes England’s Land Disposal Plan. Specifically, the role will involve:
- Preparing and implementing de-risking strategies (including securing planning consents, carrying out demolition and infrastructure works contracts, resolving legal queries, overseeing technical due diligence work, etc) aimed at making Homes England land ready for developers to bid to deliver housing quickly.
- Managing a range of consultants to resolve site issues across all disciplines including planning, technical, legal & property, ensuring timely delivery and value for money.
- Creating a business case to Homes England’s Senior Leadership Team to secure funds associated with the acquisition and de-risking works
- Supporting colleagues to identify and acquire suitable new land with a particular focus on the planning and de-risking context of the sites.
- Supporting colleagues in the competitive developer procurement exercises based on the agreed site disposal strategy.
The role may involve the direct management of internal Homes England staff. The role will also involve management of relationships with Homes England’s diverse key stakeholder partners, including local authorities, other government departments, registered providers, developers, consultants and contractors.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Direct knowledge and experience of all stages of the planning process
- Sound commercial acumen and judgment – including the ability to foresee and manage risks and achieve value for money through effective negotiation skills
- Disciplined project management skills – with a proven track record for delivering projects on time and to budget
- Excellent people and relationship management skills
- An excellent network of contacts from across the northwest planning industry
- The ability to think creatively and strategically
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
For more information on the roleplease click apply now
Please note – we do not accept CVs as a form of application