Major Responsibilities Accountabilities:
- Researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
- Keeping up-to-date with all relevant law, practice and market developments so that all content for which you are responsible reflects and takes account of current practice and up-to-date law and market trends.
- Maintaining all content for which you are responsible to ensure it is up-to-date and continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
- Responding to questions from customers about data protection law and content published for Practical Law Data Protection.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or improving content through third party insights into law or practice.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks and otherwise networking with customers and potential customers and with industry leaders who may influence the practice of data protection law.
- Helping with the development of Practical Law Data Protection and, more generally, with the development of Practical Law Practice Areas.
- Supporting marketing and sales and all other parts of the business to help formulate and business objectives.
- Supporting and mentoring colleagues in relation to writing and maintaining content and answering questions from customers, including through subediting and peer review.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant and substantial post-qualification experience in data protection law.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently and of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
- Experience in using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced at working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of online research databases.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Education/Certification Required:
- UK-qualified solicitor or barrister.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.