Senior Financial Analyst
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for finance support related for Pearson. This resource will be a business partner to School team guiding them to improve financial and operational performance.
This individual will be joining a very active and dedicated team of professionals. We are looking for someone that is willing to take initiative, dive in head-first, and tackle the new and exciting challenges this current business environment has provided us.
- Interacting with Shared Services on a daily basis as their key finance representative.
- Completing standard cost rate forecasting, methodology reviews and all financial analysis related to standard costing. This includes price/volume analysis, absorption variance analysis, spending variances, fixed vs. variable analysis as well as other ad hoc requests.
- Preparing financial analysis reports for new strategic projects. This includes being an active member on the project teams, attending meetings, understanding project deliverables, and translating operational goals into financial analysis. (NPV, IRR, Discounted cash flows, and sensitivity analysis experience preferred.)
- Providing financial leadership to Shared Services in reporting key financial information, analyzing trends, and identifying key risks and opportunities. This includes the quarterly financial reporting, annual strategic plan, annual operating plan, monthly forecasting, monthly metrics reporting, as well as other ad hoc requests.
- Preparing monthly financial review documents, forecasts of cost and volumes, cost rate analysis, and other reports and analysis as required.
- Investigating and explaining variances to budget, forecast and bid. Review charges for appropriate accounting on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent degree is required. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- 3-7 year’s professional experience in financial and operational analysis, month-end close, budgeting, and forecasting is required.
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling and variance analysis.
- Knowledge of Oracle or SAP ERP and Hyperion systems.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and techniques.
- Proficiency with Excel is critical. Proficiency with MS Access is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented, team player and desire to learn is important.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Other Locations US-TX-Austin
Work Locations: US-IA-Iowa City-2510 North Dodge 2510 North Dodge Street Iowa City 52245
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1803512