What is in it for you
* Lead interesting complex cases, showcasing your high quality analytical skills
* Coach and develop team members in a technical capacity
* Develop strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Be part of protecting the public and upholding the public interest
We have statutory power to close down a firm we regulate in some circumstances (known as an intervention). When this happens, we take possession of any money the firm holds and its accounting records. Those records are often incomplete and unreliable. This is a senior role within the team which examines and investigates the accounts records, and considers other evidence, to try to establish an accurate understanding of the money we are holding.
Work can be done by our panel solicitors or in-house by this team, you will have responsibility for the most complex cases in both scenarios. You will therefore be accountable for managing and progressing multiple workstreams effectively; you will liaise with the panel solicitors and have oversight of their work as well as offering guidance and support; you will attend interventions and the agents' offices as needed; you will provide technical direction and support for junior team members on their cases; you will work collaboratively to achieve strategic team goals.
You will identify and analyse relevant financial information for investigations; you will liaise with clients of the intervened firm; you will engage with our technical team for technical and legal support; you will present findings accurately and clearly, preparing reports for decisions makers to authorise payments from the money held.
You will be a motivated and driven individual, able to instil confidence in your stakeholders and motivate others to develop.
What we are looking for
* Significant accountancy experience qualification preferably with a law firm
* Strong financial analytical ability
* Able to challenge and influence internal and external stakeholders
* Demonstrable experience of coaching and developing others
You can find out more about this work here:
Please ensure that your CV and covering letter clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.